“Full of Atmosphere”

Neighbourhood: New Town
vancouver canada
“Full of Atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We sat in the pub one night listening to the bar keeper on the history of the naming of the pub and eavesdropped on his expertise of different whiskies. Food was very good

Visited May 2014
chasgas, General Manager at The Abbotsford, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

Aberdeen
“Excellent location, atmosphere, service and food”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was in the ground floor public bar and I was dashing in before taking a train to Aberdeen. The waiting staff were extremely friendly, attentive and served me a lovely pint of ale while I waited on a platter of humus, olives, tomatoes, bread and dips. All fresh and delicious and I saw them serve other locals and tourists to the same high standards. Very traditional with a great selection of beers and wines and a fantastic selection of whiskies.

• Visited June 2014
Ash Vale
“Mind the steak!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Every time we visit Edinburgh we always visit the Abbotsford and have a meal in the upstairs restaurant. The food is good and the wine/beer/whisky gets the thumbs up! The only comment I would make is that when I ordered a steak, it arrived on a wooden chopping board complete with a metal tin (hot) full of chips. This might have looked very fancy to some, but was completely impractical. Not only did I burn my hands on the tin, but the peppercorn sauce was running about all over the board.
Bring back the plates!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank JoJo230
chasgas, General Manager at The Abbotsford, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thanks for the review. Your comments have been passed on to the manager and chef. Plates are now the order of the day.
bangor
“birthday break”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was in Edinburgh for my wifes birthday and initially called here for a pint of real ale and to admire the heritage pubs architecture. after an excellent pint of highland beer from a varied choice my wife enquired about their restaurant. we were immediately shown to the restaurant upstairs and given a menu to browse.
the restaurant looked inviting and the menu most acceptable, we had a delightful meal and were attended to by a very friendly waitress . I opted for the pie which was home made and generously filled and my wife had the lamb. we enjoyed our meal so much we returned again during or holiday.
recommended for a meal and real ale. we shall return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BangorBeertaster
Thanks for the review.
Kennebunk, Maine
“Definitely Add to your List”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After spending several hours at the Castle, we were ready for a late lunch and decided on Abbotsford based on TA review. Rose Street is fairly close to the old town and it was a pleasant walk. At mid afternoon, the pub was quiet with a scattering of patrons. The bartender suggested a couple of local lagers which were very good. The fish and chips comes either breaded or battered. I decided to try the breaded haddock for a change. It was delicious. However, the chips were a disappointment. They may be the frozen variety and not crisp. I change to the chunkier chips would make it the perfect meal. My husband had what I would call a mussel stew with new boiled potatoes on the side. The mussels were shelled and the sauce was absolutely delicious. Both meals were about 10 pounds each. Service was very positive and the atmosphere truly a comfortable pub. Definitely add the Abbotsford to your list.

• Visited May 2014
chasgas, General Manager at The Abbotsford, responded to this review, 3 June 2014