“Wonderful Location”

Ranked #78 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Wonderful Location”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Just a 1 min walk up the close next to the hotel and your on the Royal Mile! Very quite, no road noise. Our room was very neat and clean and was a good size. I was surprised the bathroom and even the shower were of good size. The staff are wonderful and cheery! There's a small bar in the lobby and pizza available 24 hours. Coffee maker, hair drier and tv in the room. I'm so happy I stayed here!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
hiexpressrm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Scotland’s capital city.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed in Holiday Inn in Mar 14 for 3 nights.

Price V/s Room : quite expensive considering i paid close to 94 pounds per night. It is an budget hotel small rooms without much amenities. Toiletries were basic.. TV channels availability was poor. Internet in room was average speed.

Good breakfast :Good variety of hot and cold breakfast was the only plus point.

I forgot an item which i reported immediately but surprisingly the folks could not locate in room in spite of telling them where it was kept...not of much value but still. :-(

overall a average place.

Room Tip: Good breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
hiexpressrm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Royal Mile.

I am glad to hear that you had enjoyed your free breakfast.

I am however sorry to hear that you didn’t find your stay good value. We offer a best price guarantee for all bookings and ensure we are always competitively priced in a busy Edinburgh market place.

Our duty manager is available 24 hours a day and is able to resolve any issues guests may have at the time.

All lost property found in the hotel is logged by housekeeping and our duty managers have access to these items – is it possible the item was lost elsewhere?

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Edinburgh.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We chose this hotel because of the great central location. When we arrived, we were greeted right away, and check-in was fast and easy. We did feel our room was small compared to what we are used to but it was very clean, nicely designed, and the beds were really comfortable. The entire staff was friendly and helpful, however one staff member made our stay more enjoyable. Aaron Sayers was very professional and informatative and went above and beyond to assist us with our needs. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Edinburgh.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to Edinburgh.

We are located within a short walk of many of Edinburgh’s favourite attractions, bars and restaurants and our free breakfast and Wi-Fi offering offers guests great value.

We pride ourselves on the high level of service we provide and I have shared your thoughts with Aaron and the rest of the team. We all appreciate when a guest takes the time to let other travelers know they were happy with the service provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Edinburgh.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I travel a lot with work, away 4 nights a week in hotels on average, so I get a fair idea of differing hotels and what they have to offer.
It's actually very rare that I feel compelled to write a review, but today I do... purely and simply because of the wi-fi access.
Now to some of you, that has no importance at all... if that is you then please disregard my review. To business travellers like myself, that need a decent standard of access I would seriously consider whether or not staying here is a good idea.
On the plus side, the wi-fi is free, which is great... but at 0.31mbps (I ran a speed test) it barely loads any e-mails, let alone allows you to download any documents you may need.
Normally, HI Express hotels have the slow stuff for free, but then for a charge you can get 'premium' wi-fi. Unfortunately this hotel does not, and that' where my beef is.
I have no issue at all with the free wi-fi being slow (it's free right?)... but only if they provide an option for faster speed if you pay.
For me, it will prevent me from re-booking here as I need to spend my evenings working away in my hotel room.
Apart from that the hotel is the usual exact specification of a HI Express, with no surprises.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AdamEssexStoke
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear AdamEssexStoke,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with our WiFi services and any inconvenience you may have encountered that fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Beds were amazing and clean
Rooms were big and light
Maids were quick and clean
Breakfast was well stocked
Overall the place looked modern and fresh
Would recommend for everybody to stay here

Right next to the royal mile what was less than 3 mins walk

Well stocked vending machines

Also I forgot my razor and they offered me a free complementary one with foam!

Must stay!

1 downside and that was the fact we had to leave!

It was just so welcoming and nice!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ry F
hiexpressrm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and i have passed your kind comments onto the entire team within the hotel.

As we offer free breakfast, free WiFi and our forgotten something promise we offer great value all year round.

Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel was awesome! It's in a good location close to the Royal Mile, Princes Street/Waverley Station, Grassmarket, and Calton Hill. I went with a group of students from my university and the hotel was right down the street from bars and a hostel that were easy to get to at night. The staff is so nice- a big shout out to Aaron for putting up with all of us and opening up the breakfast area early for my friend and I when we ventured out to see the sunrise! If I ever venture back to Edinburgh for more than a day trip I will definitely have to stay here again! Thanks for such a great week! :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Anne,

Thank you for your great feedback. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay so much and it will be a great pleasure to welcome you again.
Reading
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Booked here for 2 night stay in the city. Got a taxi from Waverley station and then realised how close it is! Ideal location to all city sights- within 15 minutes you are in Princes Street. Rooms functional as any holiday inn express is, though nice toiletries. Breakfast as expected but they have made good use of a basement room with good use of mirrors.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are located just off the famous Royal Mile, within close walking distance to many of Edinburgh’s favourite attractions, bars and restaurants.

Our Free breakfast is a great way to start the day in Edinburgh.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Edinburgh.