“Excellent meal in Edinburgh!”
Review of Maison Bleue

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked this table for the pre-theatre menu with a very pleasant gentleman for my birthday! Although myself & my friend arrived a later then expected, we were still offered the pre-theatre menu as arranged!
The food was delicious- goats cheese & spinach torte for main; cheese board for desert! £15pp
Great food, service & atmosphere.
Only negative I can say, was that it was quite a chilly evening & it would have been nice if the waitress asked us before she decided to open the huge door/window. There was quite a breeze blowing at myself & friend before I got up & closed it. Only a minor negative though.
I would highly recommend this restaurant & will most definitely be returning!

2  Thank LorraineOConnor123
Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Fantastic experience at this restaurant.

Gorgeous food with a really friendly atmosphere.

Try the Haggis meatballs, 1st time eating haggis and I tried it at the right place.

This is definitely somewhere you should go when in Edinburgh!!

2  Thank Sammy B
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A great little find , wonderful food, great atmosphere, excellent service tres bon :) not to busy when we arrived at 7 BUT the the tables soon filled up

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We returned to maison blue on our recent visit to edinburgh. what a lovely experience. I reviewed this restaurant before and raved about a lovely evening. this was even better. Great variety. Terrific flavours. Good wine. Great atmosphere. Make sure to book. we will be back

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My partner and I enjoyed an excellent lunch at this characterful restaurant. The 'special calamari' was one of the best starters I have had in a long time and the lemon chicken tagine was not only a little different but beauitifully spices and very tasty. (One suggestion is that couscous should be included in this dish and not as an extra). Service was a very good combination of professionalism and friendliness. We will definitely return.