“Pleasant meal”

Maison Bleue
Ranked #161 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: French, European, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Pleasant meal”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We booked in advance on a fairly busy Friday evening and the restaurant was quite full when we arrived, we were seated at a table at the top of the stairs which was constantly being passed by waiters and customers. The table beside us in the window was empty and when a table in the neighbouring room became available I asked to be moved which they obliged but I was disappointed to be put at the table which the waiter himself commented as " not my favourite table either!", especially when others were available.
Our starters were tasty and my venison main was delicious, my daughters steak however was not rare as she had ordered. Also when paying £20 for a main course I do feel it would not be hard to add some veg rather than asking £3:50 for a side dish. Service was good and we were not rushed.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Excellent meal in Edinburgh!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked this table for the pre-theatre menu with a very pleasant gentleman for my birthday! Although myself & my friend arrived a later then expected, we were still offered the pre-theatre menu as arranged!
The food was delicious- goats cheese & spinach torte for main; cheese board for desert! £15pp
Great food, service & atmosphere.
Only negative I can say, was that it was quite a chilly evening & it would have been nice if the waitress asked us before she decided to open the huge door/window. There was quite a breeze blowing at myself & friend before I got up & closed it. Only a minor negative though.
I would highly recommend this restaurant & will most definitely be returning!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank LorraineOConnor123
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Fantastic experience at this restaurant.

Gorgeous food with a really friendly atmosphere.

Try the Haggis meatballs, 1st time eating haggis and I tried it at the right place.

This is definitely somewhere you should go when in Edinburgh!!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Sammy B
LONDON
“yum yum”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A great little find , wonderful food, great atmosphere, excellent service tres bon :) not to busy when we arrived at 7 BUT the the tables soon filled up

• Visited May 2014
Ennis, Ireland
“Revisit better than first time”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We returned to maison blue on our recent visit to edinburgh. what a lovely experience. I reviewed this restaurant before and raved about a lovely evening. this was even better. Great variety. Terrific flavours. Good wine. Great atmosphere. Make sure to book. we will be back

• Visited June 2014