“Amazing steak”

Cock and Bull Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 19 Bars & Pubs in Edinburgh
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: Located on Frederick Street within a unique basement space which includes a bar/restaurant, nightclub and function/private hire space.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Used a groupon voucher for steak dinner for two. Amazing value, good portion size, steak cooked perfectly. Nice bottle of Malbec only £17! Good service. Will return and recommend to friends

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had 2 Itison vouchers for 4 people and can safely say it’s the worst experience we have EVER had on any deal.
We ordered 2 beers for the guys and had to send it back twice as it was rancid. Eventually were offered a different beer which was just about ok. Waited at least 45 minutes for the mains and It transpired the chef was on his break!
The deal was for hanger steaks and wine and, believe it or not, fries were extra. Everything was swimming in grease and the steaks are cooked 1 way, grim! The only plus was the attitude of our young server who tried but was hopelessly out of his depth.
We tried the food then got up and walked out only to be met by the tout with the sandwich board. No thanks!
I notice they have ‘deals’ on very regularly as well as the guy in the street and no doubt they’re happy to have one time diners.
A large party of tourists were ushered in just before we left and I was genuinely embarrassed how their experience would reflect on Edinburgh.
You have been warned!!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

The food was great value with big portions and the cocktails were lovely. Staff were friendly and helpful at describing the menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Visitied on Saturday with 3 friends and we all had steaks. 2 of us had the Hanger steaks (which we had never heard of) and my other 2 friends had a Cote de Beouf and a Fillet steak. Wow, these were honestly the most delicious steaks we have ever eaten. Like I said, I have never heard of a Hanger Steak and, it being the cheapest steak on the menu, I wasn't expecting much... so I was very pleasantly surprised when I received a very lean and very delicious, perfectly cooked medium rare steak. Would highly recommend and will definitley be back for the same again!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

As a family of 7 we struggle to get a nice place to relax and eat with our family but I cannot rate this place enough! The menu has a lot to offer and the service was pleasant! Nothing seemed too much trouble. I had the filet steak and my husband had the ribeye steak and they were both amazing! Cooked perfectly with the right amount of sides to compliment! My children has the burgers which were also amazing and looked incredible! My daughter had the risotto which was perfect and a good option for a vegetarian! The deserts were beautiful and a perfect end to our meal! Would definitely return!