“Absolutely brilliant and friendly!”

and 1 more site!
Browns Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #60 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Absolutely brilliant and friendly!”
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Put simply you are unlikely to find a B&B this close to the royal mile and princes street with the same quality of service, hospitality and warmth.

The owners are brilliant, I will remember you both for the rest of my life, no doubt about that. The rooms are all fantastic, very comfortable and warm. Breakfast is great with plenty of selection available. They really do go all out to make your stay an enjoyable one and for me at least, feel more like family.

Thank you for everything. You really made my stay an enjoyable one and if the owners are reading this, we were the couple who met because of MJ and who had lengthy morning chats with you both, "do you have trouble with this one?" Will always make me laugh.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank MJJForever

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Place was fantastic. Couldn't complain about anything. Both Marion and Norrie were really friendly even their dog was adorable. The room was beautiful, I now want my bedroom furnished like that. The decor was beautiful. As for the bedding I even had to ask where she get it from. The bed was soooo comfortable and the pillows were amazing ( I always have trouble with pillows in hotels but not here).

Breakfast was really nice too. Perfectly cooked and always fresh. Was surprised to see that not only are you offered the hot breakfast there is a selection of cerials, fresh fruit, yoghurt and even little cakes.

Both hosts were very helpful with helping us find our way around too and suggested certain thugs we might be interested in.

Would recommend to anyone who is traveling to Edinburgh. Also very close to everything. Literally a 15 minute walk up to Princess Street and 20 from the Mile.

Great. 5 stars!

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We found this bed & breakfast after doing a search on trip advisor and what a hidden little gem it was. I must admit I would never have found this just by walking or even driving as staying in Leith didn't occur to me.

We arrived on the Saturday afternoon and were met by Norrie who showed us our room at the back of the house, it was like a hotel room and looked as though it had recently been re-furbished. He showed us everything in the room and handed us a menu so we could pick either 8am or 9am for breakfast and what we would like to eat. It had everything I would want and more.... how many B&B's have an umbrella, shoe shining kit, makeup removing wipes and sweing kits in the dressing table drawers!!!! There were all manner of teas, coffee, hot chocolate as well.

The bathroom was spotlessly clean and furnished to a very high standard and the bed was lovely and comfortable.

Breakfast was downstairs and very well presented, my only grumble was on the Sunday morning the fruit looked as though it had been out all weekend but that was the only fault I could find in our 2 night stay.

There are plenty of restaurants on or just off the main road so you don't even have to go back into town if you don't want to at night.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone especially if you don't mind the 15 minute walk into Edinburgh but it is nice to be away from the hussle & bussle.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms at the front and 2 rooms at the back, the rooms at the front are on the road so it...
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We were at Browns B&B last weekend for one night and we found the B&B a perfect place to stay. Mr and Mrs Browns are very kind and helpful. The room was very clean and tidy with everything we could desire and the breakfast was simply amazing. No noise and the B&B is just 15 minutes walking from the city centre. Thank you!!

Pullman, Washington
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Brown's B & B was absolutely delightful! Marion and Mr. Brown were the best hosts. Great breakfast; even packed us a "take-away" breakfast when we left earlier on tour. Stayed 4 nights and would stay there again. Close to center. Clean, cute, cozy, cookie snacks, tea. Good price and helpful suggestions! Thank you, Marion!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Schweiz
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at Browns bed and breakfast for 3 nights and had a wonderful time! Very good breakfast, comfy bed, no noise, not far from the center, everything was just great! We highly recommend Browns B&B and look forward to staying there again on our next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I just got back from a short stay in Edinburgh where I found the wormest welcome at Brown's BB. Marion and Mr. Brown have been always so sweet and helpful, allowing me and my friend to make the most of our short stay. The room was adorable and very clean, with everything we could need. I will surely come back in my next trip to Edinburgh!

• Stayed September 2012