“MADE WONDERFUL MEMORIES”

Hot-el-apartments Edinburgh Waterfront
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“MADE WONDERFUL MEMORIES”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This place was absolutely amazing! It takea your breath away the moment you step into the apartment, well furnished and lovely rooms with lots of space..amazingly clean..amzaing interiors..A home away from home. We were also provided free wifi connection without paying any extra charges. If you love home cooked food and dont like to have tooo many junk foods, this is the best option for you, where you can cook your own food at your own convenience. The grocery stores are only few steps away from the apartment. Also you have ocean terminal mall which is very near. You may go for shopping or dinner or may be watch a movie. I recommend the sea view apartment which we had stayed in. The view of the sea was just awesome. The fresh and cool breeze makes you feel relaxed. Me and my partner really had a great time staying there. Nice place to take pictures with your partner beside the sea.The city centre is just 15 minutes away from the place, the bus service is so convenient that it even has wi fi in the bus. The front office staff were really polite and helpful, they were not hesistant in providing any information that we asked for. They had good knowledge about the city of Edinburgh and provided us lots of information about which places to visit and how to reach there and they seemed to have good knowledge about the history of place too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sweetzz H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cupar, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My friends and I booked a two bedroom apartment at Edinburgh Waterfront for a one night stay in Edinburgh. As we all live in different areas, we all arrived at different times. Upon my arrival, at 2:30pm (check in is advertised as 2pm) I was informed that I could not gain access to the apartment until my friend who had booked arrived. I showed the male member of staff on reception the email that confirmed the booking (my friend had forwarded it to me knowing we would arrive a couple of hours before she was planning on getting there) but he was adamant that I could not check in until she got there. This meant that me and one of the party had to wait until 5pm to check in. Not knowing the area, this was inconvenient and spoiled the first half of our stay there.
Following check in, we were informed that there would be a £200 security deposit secured on one of our debit cards which was news to us. This was not indicated on any of the paperwork that my friend received upon booking. When we questioned the amount, the staff were very insistent and their manner was curt and rude. They explained that this was to cover any damage to the apartment. I saw no need for such a high amount to be secured on a card which we were informed could take up to 5 days to clear following the inspection of the apartment.
The apartment itself was clean, well equipped and comfortable. However, the lifts were out of order which made carrying luggage up to the top floor difficult. The address on the paperwork was incorrect leading to our taxi booking costing more than planned because the driver was waiting at the next block of flats about a 5 min walk away.
Upon check out the next day, I felt there was a lack of customer service with no enquiry from the staff as to whether we enjoyed our stay.
Overall, I felt that the staff were happy to take our money but unwilling to offer any kind of service and their manner left a lot to be desired. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Alice M
UK
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at these apartments in July 2010 for 2 nights over the Golf Open weekend in St Andrews. It was an ideal base for me and my 3 mates to sample some of Edinburgh by night and to take a run out to the golf during the day.
What appealed to me about the apartments over a city centre hotel was that it gave us a base and a place where we could dump our stuff during the day and chill out in the lounge/kitchen area during the early evening before we went out. The accomodation was to a very good standard and having 2 bathrooms was great.
The price we paid on laterooms.com was very reasonable and location wise it's just a 10 minute taxi to the city centre which again was very reasonable.
Facilities in the apartment were all you would expect and they are built to a good standard.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank trippingtaffy
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the Waterfront apartments for 3 nights from 9th-12th February to celebrate my mums birthday, booked a sea view 2-bedroom apartment which was on the 5th floor of block 7, although to weather was a little rubbish, we had a great view of the bay and the Ocean Terminal/Royal Yacht once the morning "mizzle" had lifted.
The apartment itself was lovely, very clean cut and modern although a lot of wasted space in the hallway area making the second bedroom rather snug for 2 separate twin beds but still nice and homely. The kitchen/dining area is open plan and very spacious for 3 people relaxing after a long days sightseeing! We stocked up the fridge/freezer with breakfast food and even cooked on the first night as we were so surprised with the quality and availability of kitchen appliances which was lovely after a long day. My mum was a little annoyed with the £200 deposit requested on check-in as we had read nothing about it before. The DVD player was very useful also to entertain us on a quiet night in after being out for dinner although mobile phone signal in the apartment for all of us on Vodafone/O2 was terrible- i found myself leaving my phone balanced in precarious places to maintain signal.
The area itself is much like the other reviews state, being on the Waterfront the apartments lie at the end of the bus route- quite handy mon-sat when there is always a bus driver having a quick break before he sets off again for the 15 minute journey into town but not so on a Sunday when the buses are only every half an hour unless you walk to the main road. Looks like the area is in the middle of development however so would hope future building will not spoil the beautiful views. The 24hour asda- about a 5 minute walkaway is also very handy when you want to get "film nibbles" on the way home.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the apartments for a nice relaxing weekend away especially for a family/couple who want to spend some of their trip relaxing together with home comforts, they are absolutely fantastic value and the location suits perfectly to visit all the attractions easily as its only a 10/15 minute walk to the Royal Yacht. Thank you for a lovely weekend :)

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Debbi W
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We are Just back from an eventful stay in these apartments. We stayed in Flat 20, on the sixth floor of apartment block 7. We booked a seaview apartment, there was only two of us but we were given a 2 bedroom apt. Access to the building is by electronic key fob and keys to the individual apartments.
Reception us open from 8 to 8. The two men that checked us in and out were helpful and polite. They hold a credit card deposit of £200. If you pay by credit card there's a 3% fee and no charge for using a debit card.
The main bedroom had a king size double (might possibly have been super king, and yes it was two singles joined together) had an ensuite shower and toilet. The room was spacious and had good storage space, hangers, drawers in the fitted wardrobe. Hand towels and bath towels were provided. The huge window in the master bedroom was a plus point, we had views over to Inchkeith Island and over to the far right you could see Ocean Terminal and Brittania.
The main bathroom had a full size bath with a shower over it. Plenty of space and lighting. No extractor though.
The living/kitchen/dining room had floor to ceiling windows which I could have sat looking out of for hours. Take some binoculars.
The kitchen had tableware for 6 people. Full size fridge freezer, hob, oven, toaster, microwave and dishwasher. Some kitchen utensils; corkscrew, peeler, grater etc but no fish slice which made getting fried eggs from pan to plate a bit tricky!
A few dishwasher tablets were left along with washing up liquid, a sponge, a j cloth, and a tea towel. Teabags, nescafe sachets, sugar sachets were provided.
The heating was good, all provided by slimline wall mounted radiators, the one in the bathroom didn't work but the place was toasty warm.
In the cupboard in the hallway was an iron and ironing board, a hairdryer and a washing machine.
We didn't use the underground car park we just parked outside the front door.
The apartment has Wifi and the name and password are posted on the living room wall along with other information. My mobile phone signal for both t-mobile and Orange was poor to non existent in the apartment. This only became problematic when we got stuck in the lift for an hour on Saturday night. Thanks to the couple from Hartlepool and the receptionist for helping us! We will be contacting the company directly with comments about the service from the lift helpline company as it was extraordinarily poor. This is in no way any reflection on Hot-el Apartments just the lift helpline.

We wondered about being in Leith as opposed to the city centre but the bus service was/is brilliant. As others have mentioned no. 10 bus for day and night bus is N11 which operates into the wee small hours.
The day ticket of £3.20 is a great deal and single fares of 1.30 not bad either. Then there's Leith in itself with the water of Leith Tom Kitchin and Martin Wisharts and othe fantastic restaurants (if you like fish then I recommend Fishers).There's a Vue Cinema in Ocean Terminal plus assorted shops and Brittania and a number of restaurants and a Marks and Spencer Simply Food. As other reviewers have said there's a 24 hour Asda nearby.
The area is exactly how you would imagine a development zone to look like; some new build, fences around potential work sites and there appeared to be work going on repairing some facias of the buildings due to storm damage from the recent hurricane.

My partner is now avoiding lifts.
But apart from that we had a great weekend and also a story to tell!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Debrapick
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The Hot-el Waterfront Apartments is really a brilliant place to say if you are visiting Edinburgh. Yeah sure Leith isn't in in the centre of Edinburgh, but who needs to be when you have such amazing views from the apartment's windows and a very clean, quick, efficient and cheap bus service to the heart of Edinburgh and Princess Street?

The rates of this place compares favourably to hotels in Leith and in the centre, but you get so much more for your money, not just a small room with a bed and an en-suite, you get a whole "house" to yourself! (that's what me and my partner called it "our house" during our stays there!" and with ASDA only a short walk away along on the main road or along the waterfront it really is like having a home away from home.

I think the Edinburgh Waterfront Apartments are an exception choice for ANYONE visting the City of Edinburgh.

Visiting the apartments for the second time as a couple it really is a great place to spend some quality time together with the option of spending a quiet night in with a romantic home cooked meal and a bottle (or two) of wine or a place to come back to after spending the day/night seeing the sights in Edinburgh.

I have some very fond memories of my stays there which I will never forget, including sitting on the breakwater wall with a bottle of wine looking at the stars (When it's not too chilly!)

Room Tip: Get a room with a guaranteed view of the Forth or the Port
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Adam B
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed at the Waterfront apartments this weekend (4 adults plus 1 toddler). We were on the 9th floor in a 3 bed apartment with an amazing sea view from the lounge and from the back bedroom we had views of the castle. The accommodation was very clean, spacious, modern and had all the essentials to make it a home from home (including ensuite, dishwasher, power showers, double oven etc). There was also plenty of secure underground parking. The receptionist was extremely helpful and polite. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Higher floor ensure the best views
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family