Hot-el-apartments Edinburgh Waterfront
US$375
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$245
US$221
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthese apartmentsasda supermarketleith harbourocean terminalcity centreapartment was cleanwestern harbourfamily bathroomsupermarket closemain bathroomunderground parkingloch fynemaster bedroomthe royal yacht britanniabus stopon arrivalself catering
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just. Returned from a two night stay at Hotel el Apartments. This is my third time in a couple of years staying there now and I am never disappointed.
I booked a one bedroom apt. For myself. But when I arrived at the flat I discovered it was a two bedroom apartment I had been given. Much to my delight and surprise .
I found it to be. Very spacious. Clean modern and very comfortable .
They have thought of just about everything you would need for a very homely. Stay here.
It was already cosy and warm when I arrived also. Which was Lovley .
I wish. I could have stayed longer in the apartment and didn't want to leave.
All in all. Yet another. Great stay here. Couldn't really fault much at all. .
Will defiantly be back. Again I,m sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed as a family between xmas and new year for around £60 per night for a two bedroom apartment. The apartment itself was on the sixth floor and had fantastic views from all rooms over the Firth of Forth. All rooms were clean and comfortable and kitchen is modern and comes with all the usual appliance (apart from a coffee maker :(). Bit nervous about glass coffee table in lounge with two young lads but moved that to the side. The location has underground car parking but once we had arrived we used the number 10 bus which has a stop just round the corner from the apartments. It takes you on to Princes street. The ocean terminal shopping centre, cinema and Royal yacht are 2mins away by car with free parking available. Good value.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Four of us stayed in a three bedroom apartment on the 9th floor. It was a lovely spacious flat with superb views across the harbour and the Firth of Forth to Fife in one direction and from the Edinburgh city skyline with the Pentland Hills behind to the Forth Bridges in the other. We spent a very happy four days over Christmas there, the experience only let down slightly by the lack of any decent kitchen equipment and the rather poor quality of the furnishings.

The kitchen was not well equipped. In terms of pots, there was a large stockpot, a tiny milk pan and a frying pan and no pot of a reasonable size for boiling veg or heating soup etc. There were no kitchen knives, scissors, or even a teapot. There was no grill pan or roasting tin for the oven. The cutlery was of very thin metal of the cheapest kind.

There were no instructions for using any of the electrical equipment, including the heating system, which was a bit of a hit or miss affair in getting it to work.

The furnishings were tired, particularly the bed bases and mattresses which must be due for replacement. And when the wind blew and the rain lashed, as it did a couple of nights during our stay, the rain came in at one of the bedroom windows.

Of all the many self-catering properties that I have stayed in, including others in the very same complex at the Waterfront, this was the least well appointed. My mistake was not to check in advance exactly which flat we were getting and what we would find there. I chose it because I had had good experiences at the Waterfront before. It is a great location with easy access to Edinburgh city centre and the attractions at Leith.

Nevertheless, we did all have a great time staying in the flat and managed to rustle up a lovely Christmas turkey dinner, made possible because there is a very large well stocked Asda supermarket close by which sells kitchen essentials. But when the sun shone, as it did sometimes, the water sparkled and rainbows appeared over Fife.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anealabhan
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife and I stayed in apartment 817 for 4 nights over Christmas at the WaterfrontApartments on Western Harbour Breakwater in Edinburgh, leaving today.

We needed a venue to entertain our 3 children, spouses and infant grandchild. We know Edinburgh very well, owning a number of properties there and staying regularly at the Waldorf Astoria Caledonian Hotel, but on this occasion needing an apartment.

The booking experience was very straightforward, with extremely helpful staff. My sons, living in Edinburgh, were able to visit and were shown several apartments, to ensure that we were happy with the venue. I later rang the office with some detail requests, being answered by Jim Gallen, a director, as the concierge was involved with another customer, being incredibly helpful and accommodating, arranging to provide a 'catering pack' of additional utensils to allow us to entertain 8 of us.

On arrival we were welcomed in the same style as a 5 star hotel, being made very welcome. Jim Gallen himself was on site and personally delivered the 'catering pack', plus an additional 6 setting crockery and cutlery set and additional table and chairs, then changing the sofa for two 3 seater sofas!

We had a fabulous family Christmas, very much home from home and can only praise Jim Gallen and his excellent staff. I would recommend them to anybody.

I think it is fair to point out that I stay regularly in some of the best hotels in the UK and North America and this is the highest accolade I have ever paid.

Thank you Jim and staff for a great Christmas!

Dr Damian G Moran

Room Tip: Speak to Jim Gallen
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I suppose it depends what you are looking for. Not an easy place to find. Satnav has to be bang up to date! In December the wind was blowing bits off the roof and the Fire Brigade had cordoned off the area round the bottom of the building. Despite that, we had a lovely one night stay there. Roomy accommodation, well equipped, good cooking facilities. Big advantage is that you can bring in food and a bottle of wine from Asda nearby and save a fortune on restaurant bills - as well as relaxing without bothering about having to get home. The only members of staff we met on arrival and departure were very pleasant. Of course it is a long way out of the city centre but it has great views of the Firth of Forth. If you have never been to Edinburgh before and were only there for a few days you would probably want to be nearer the centre and within walking distance of the castle, Holyrood, Princes Street etc. But if you want a nice comfortable place to chill out and go into Edinburgh this is great. Wouldn't want to have paid the full rate but there are some great deals available.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple