“Wonderful food! ”

Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Welcome to Biblos and immerse yourself in a world of fun and good times. Set in Edinburgh's Old Town area our floor-to-ceiling windows are great for gazing out and frame views of Edinburgh's Old College whilst our sophisticated interiors encompasses a bar, restaurant, separate function venue and a trendy live music bar and lounge. We are open all-day and late into the night, seven days a week, stop by for a drink in the bar & explore the extensive wine list or try our cocktails. Work your way through the carefully selected menu of seasonal and locally sourced international gastropub cuisine with a touch of Scottish flavour, from breakfast and lunch right through to dinner and then stay late for a drink and live music. We have bands and soloists playing live every night from 7pm onwards till late. We are a lounge and restaurant with additional spaces for functions and events that can accommodate up to 80 persons. We also have a trendy new bar for live events. We are located on the corner of Chambers Street and South Bridge in Edinburgh's picturesque Old Town area. We have been a focal point of Edinburgh's drinking and dining scene since it opened in 1998. Our brand new Biblos Bar extension is a great location to party and enjoy live music. Our chefs cook everything from scratch using local and fresh produce delivered to us every day. Our cocktail menu offers a diverse blend of golden oldies mixed with some modern twists and our wines are sure to please your palate and accompany our food menu perfectly. Expect great service from beginning to end. Our function and party venue on the upper floor has a capacity for large parties, perfect for your event, office party, do, party, anniversary, meet up, networking events, birthdays or any celebration that you can think of. We are open from 10am to 1am. Food is served till 10 pm and the bar is open till 1am on weekdays and 3am on weekends.
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Biblos was somewhere that I always walked past and had never gotten round to going in just yet. I am glad that I finally did! The food is excellent and the restaurant itself very nice! What's more is the brilliant discount with a 'snap fax', which is worth getting if you're coming to Edinburgh. Would highly recommend and would definitely go back again!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Visit regular with friends - sometimes just for a few drinks but often have food too.

Nice surroundings and friendly staff. Food basic but nice and not badly priced!

Defo give it a go if you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere to have an informal get together !

Reviewed 10 May 2014

When I see carbonara on a menu I find if very difficult to order anything else.

What I got in Biblo's was literally cream and bacon with parmesan. When I saw that was what was being offered I thought to myself "Surely there must do SOMETHING to flavour it" but I was wrong.

It was literally cooked spaghetti with bacon and cream and I paid close to £10 for the privilege.

Carbonara should be egg based and garlicky. This effort was just lazy.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Had a pizza with some friends, was great. Service was good, a new member of staff each time. Sat in here for a couple of hours and no one bothered us even though we had finished our meal and drinks which was nice. 25% student discount which is always a plus!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

First time in Edinburgh, looked nice as I walked past so me & my wife decided to try it out, starters were fine, haggis balls for me and bruschetta for the wife.i had chicken burger which was a bit bland & tasteless, my wife had a pasta dish which she thoroughly enjoyed.all in all can't complain for £21 after 25% discount for 2 courses and a drink each.The service was excellent, hadn't sat down for 60 secs when waitress came across, and that service carried on throughout our meal, always enquiring if everything was ok.