“Fantastic value for money”
Review of Biblos

Biblos
Ranked #601 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: International, British, Gastropub, Scottish, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Welcome to Biblos and immerse yourself in a world of fun and good times. Set in Edinburgh's Old Town area our floor-to-ceiling windows are great for gazing out and frame views of Edinburgh's Old College whilst our sophisticated interiors encompasses a bar, restaurant, separate function venue and a trendy live music bar and lounge. We are open all-day and late into the night, seven days a week, stop by for a drink in the bar & explore the extensive wine list or try our cocktails. Work your way through the carefully selected menu of seasonal and locally sourced international gastropub cuisine with a touch of Scottish flavour, from breakfast and lunch right through to dinner and then stay late for a drink and live music. We have bands and soloists playing live every night from 7pm onwards till late. We are a lounge and restaurant with additional spaces for functions and events that can accommodate up to 80 persons. We also have a trendy new bar for live events. We are located on the corner of Chambers Street and South Bridge in Edinburgh's picturesque Old Town area. We have been a focal point of Edinburgh's drinking and dining scene since it opened in 1998. Our brand new Biblos Bar extension is a great location to party and enjoy live music. Our chefs cook everything from scratch using local and fresh produce delivered to us every day. Our cocktail menu offers a diverse blend of golden oldies mixed with some modern twists and our wines are sure to please your palate and accompany our food menu perfectly. Expect great service from beginning to end. Our function and party venue on the upper floor has a capacity for large parties, perfect for your event, office party, do, party, anniversary, meet up, networking events, birthdays or any celebration that you can think of. We are open from 10am to 1am. Food is served till 10 pm and the bar is open till 1am on weekdays and 3am on weekends.
Edinburgh
“Fantastic value for money”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went with friends for Sunday lunch and had the steak panini with red onions, it was delicious, one of the nicest meals I've had. Not only that but it was fantastic value for money as there was 25% of all meals. They also had deals on drinks for students so a large glass of house wine was £2.70, perfect for relaxing after the panini. The service was great, Annette was very warm and friendly as were the bar staff too. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Eugene, Oregon
“Good meal at good price”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

After a long day of wandering the city and seeing all the sights, I decided to treat myself to a nice meal. I had the venison medallions. I asked for rare and got something almost medium, but it was still very tasty. I also had a toffee pudding which was huge (luckily I had walked nearly ten miles, so I could eat it without any guilt). The service was good and there is a nice view of the street traffic.

Scotland
“Cheap Student Hangout”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Cheap wine. Good value food. This place delivers on value and not necessarily quality. The burgers are probably the best thing on the menu.

Visited May 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Try the haggis balls”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We came here for dinner one night while we were here on holiday. The haggis balls for entree were surprisingly delicious! Both main meals were huge and really good. I had fish and chips. My boyfriend had lamb shanks. The service was great, very efficient staff and friendly.

• Visited June 2014
“Wonderful food! ”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Biblos was somewhere that I always walked past and had never gotten round to going in just yet. I am glad that I finally did! The food is excellent and the restaurant itself very nice! What's more is the brilliant discount with a 'snap fax', which is worth getting if you're coming to Edinburgh. Would highly recommend and would definitely go back again!