Friendly,very Clean and quiet not too far from city centre. Good bus service worthwhile, correct money only, every 5 min, £1.50.
Ideal for couples and Business possibly not for those wishing to spend their time in the pub.
Try the salmon for breakfast, and rooms warm with the odd touch, which showed thought had gone into providing a service.
Foodies avoid Salisbury arms, experience little better than a Brewers Fayre but with nicer surroundings.
Tend to be critical, ( don't like spending money) but happy to endorse Gil Dun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet cul-de-sac within the oldest Edinburgh district of Newington, close to the city centre and walking distance to Edinburgh Castle and on a regular main bus route. Re-furbished to a high standard in 2010 whilst maintaining many traditional Victorian features. Official four star accommodation. Popular with guests from the USA and Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Gil Dun Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gil Dun Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- Gil Dun Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland