Open today: 09:00 - 19:00
More Information

Ways to Experience Cobble Tales
from US$76.64
More Info
All reviews edinburgh university architecture knowledge tours guide history facts
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This was a really informative walking tour of the Old Town and Cameron really brought to life the history of the city as expressed in its architecture.
Would totally recommend this tour!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

My sister and I took an all day architectural tour of the Old Town, the New Town, and Din Village. Our tour guide, Olga, is an architect who is very interested in architectural history. She explained the architectural features of the different areas of Edinburgh and she talked about how the areas were planned. It was a fascinating tour and Olga was a great guide.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank bethhE5016NJ
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of being shown the fascinating arquitectural motifs that are found in every close, square and hidden corner by our guide Cameron. I’m originally from Edinburgh, and after so many years taking this tremendous city for granted (appreciative, but ultimately unknowledgeable), I am so happy to have spent those 3 hours with Cameron, able to ask all manner of questions, and enjoy how he combined the historical, cultural and ultimately arquitectural. Highly recommended. And the tour is genuinely private (just my partner and I, in this case!)

Reviewed 13 December 2017

This is hands down the best tour I have ever been on (and I have been on tours in over thirty countries). Olga was friendly, informed, and highly engaging with the information she presented. I was on the private tour so she was able to cater the tour to our interests and our needs (like stepping inside because of how cold it was outside). She did an excellent job highlighting the details of Edinburgh's architectural history, and constructing a cohesive narrative. I greatly enjoyed the tour and wish that the company offered more tours in different cities!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This is an excellent 'off the beaten path' tour. I was surprised to find out that about 50% of people who go on the tour were locals, which is a real testament to how unique and detailed this tour is. We took a 3-4 hour long private tour through Old Town with Olga who was an engaging and confident guide. Olga's is clearly really passionate about her tours, you can really feel that her heart is in it, and she's fantastic at her job. She really made us feel like we were being taken around the city by a friend. I would highly recommend regardless if you're into architecture or not.

Date of experience: November 2017
Olga G, Owner at Cobble Tales, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you, was such a pleasure to meet you and your Mum!