Open today: 09:00 - 19:00
More Information

Ways to Experience Cobble Tales
from US$77.70
More Info
All reviews edinburgh university architecture knowledge tours guide history facts
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2018

A little bit of confusion about where to meet which was not due to cobble tales but the tourist information office. Our young guide Nick ( I think, he is Belgian so spelling may be different!) was brilliant. He is enthusiastic and informative and loves his subject. We walked for 3 hours but it was so enjoyable and we learned so much about the old town of Edinburgh.

Date of experience: June 2018
Olga G, Owner at Cobble Tales, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

This tour was the first thing we did in Scotland and I’m so glad we experienced it first. Our flights had been delayed and Olga worked with us to fit in as much of the tour as time and our flight-weary bodies allowed! We had a much greater appreciation and understanding of all the different architecture and history throughout the rest of our trip. I would highly recommend the tour, especially if you can go at the beginning of your time in Edinburgh.

Olga G, Owner at Cobble Tales, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you! Spending the afternoon with your family was a shear delight! Hope you guys are all well, best wishes to everyone!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Unbelievably good introduction to Edinburgh.

Firstly I have to say that I am NOT an architect, designer or anything remotely in those areas, but I often wonder about architecture styles when travelling, and like to know a bit more. I felt these tours were so individualised to your level of interest /expertise, my lack of background didn't matter. In fact it made it all the more interesting.

This was the only tour group I found that offered a walking tour of the New Town Georgian architecture. I booked online several days prior to arrival. The tour guide was Nick, and he was interesting, engaging and more than happy to tailor the tour towards my interests. The New Town is quite beautiful, and has a lot of hidden gems and information that I would have struggled to find by myself.

The day before (the day I arrived in Edinburgh) I had done a 3 hour walking tour of the Old Town with Olga, the owner of Cobble Tales, also booked on line a few days in advance. While billed as an architecture tour, it included a lot of history, general interest stuff as well. I thought Olga was amazing, obviously passionate about the tours and just explained everything so well. She really improved my understanding of the higgledy piggledy Old Town, and made subsequent explorations of this non grid town very easy. Again lots of hidden courtyards, alley ways etc.

I am sounding a bit like a Cobble Tales junkie but I enjoyed the Old and New Town tour so much that I also booked the Deans Village Tour the following week with Olga...quite a different slice of Edinburgh suburbia with a fascinating history as well.

I would thoroughly recommend all the tours...very hard to choose a favourite really, as all were (surprisingly) quite different. Both guides had excellent English, were low key, easy going but presented an absolute class act. Would happily do them all again!

PS 3 hours of walking, plenty of stops, wear good walking shoes...

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank squeezing
Olga G, Owner at Cobble Tales, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you so much, me and Nick enjoyed your company and loved the conversations! You are our first customer to complete all our tours on one trip!

Reviewed 22 April 2018

My wife and I immensely enjoyed our private tour of Old Town, led by guide Nick Mols, who is apparently a new addition to the Cobble Tales team. Nick is an architectural historian and is thoroughly grounded and trained in the detailed history and nuances of Old Town architecture. We learned an incredible amount about Old Town in particular and Edinburgh in general. Really opened our eyes to the richness of this incredible city. We were thoroughly entertained and have already signed up for a second Cobble Tales tour. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 7 April 2018

My husband and I booked a private tour of the New Town yesterday. We are residents in Edinburgh but we've not been living here that long and we wanted to know more about the history and architecture of Edinburgh. Olga was absolutely excellent and it was more like going for a tour with a friend and we even stopped in a cafe half way through because it was quite cold! We would highly recommend the Cobble Tours and we're looking forward to doing the Dean Village and Old Town tours at another time. Olga is extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic and answered all our many questions!

Date of experience: April 2018