“Lovely food”

Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Shamoli specialises in food from North India and Thailand - perfect for groups who are split in what kind of Asian food they would like. There are a range of Thai stir fries and also Thai curries including Chicken Panang a dish which combines coconut sweetness with a few sparks provided by red chillis. Punjabi Lamb Korai is one of the meat based dishes from the North Indian half of the menu. Average prices are £7.95 for a set lunch, £19 for an evening meal and house wine is £13.95 a bottle. They have child-friendly facilities and a takeaway service.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

One of the nicest meals I've ever had. The food was delicious, the staff were great and the prices were very reasonable indeed. My wife and I both opted for Thai dishes and we were not disappointed, the food was brought out when we wanted it, we were not rushed at all and the staff made sure our experience was enjoyable too, very friendly and helpful. Next time we visit Edinburgh we'll eat there again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank CCM40

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Indian and thai???”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was more Indian than thai and in general I find it a very strange combo.

We had the lunch buffet for 7,95 and I was a bit dissapointed by the very limited number of courses to choose from, but at least most of it tasted fine.

The service was good and pleasent.

• Visited June 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had our first meal at Shamoli last night and what a great meal it was the best ever Methi Gosht I have ever had.

Great service friendly waiters we will definitely be going back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Robert D
glasgow
“Reasonable”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Had the buffet lunch for £7.95 which was quite good with a reasonable choice , £2.50 for a goggle do diet coke was way too expensive , not sure if there is a pudding . Would go again, pleasant staff .

Visited June 2014
“Definitely go”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff and manager always make you feel welcome.
The cuisine - not really my cup of tea, but I love popping in from time to time to try something new and every time I leave happy, fed and full. Guys are always there to help or recommend what to mix with what.
Unfortunately I always pick early time to dine, so not many tables around and place might seem to be a bit dead - but still seems really good - pick a table by window near the bar if dining early - my partner didn't really like quite 'high pitched' vocals from the back speakers - I didn't really mind.
Great place for larger parties.
Will be back!