“Never disappoints”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Simply a great place to eat in Edinburgh for food, service and just a really lovely atmosphere. Perfect for any time of day or night.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Lovely smallish café with excellent coffee and delicious cakes. Nice relaxed ambiance and staff very friendly.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Picked this outs from other reviews and wasn't disappointed. Great eggs Benedict and coffee and wonderful service.

Would highly recommend this if in edinburgh

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Whilst on an Edinburgh walkabout, we came across the bustling Urban Angel just of Broughton Street and just managed to snag a table for brunch. The service was good and the whole place had a welcoming buzz to it. I managed to collar the last almond croissant and it was one of the best I have ever tasted. Two others had excellent cheese scones and the hungry one, eggs Benedict with bacon, all washed down with various teas and coffees.

There are many choices of venue in the big city but this is one of the best. We usually travel by bus and being only a few hundred yards from the bus station, I can see this being a future stop for us.

1  Thank Highlander24
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We needed somewhere quick, and this was en-route to the place we were staying. Having never eaten there before, we thought we should at least take a look. The food was very good with great service. Not a huge range of meals to choose from, but what was there was great. Would I go there again? Yes. Would I make a determined effort to plan it in when I next visit? Well, probably not, but if it were on my way home and I was hungry, then it will certainly be considered.