“Cold night needed warm food”
Review of Meadowood Cafe - CLOSED

Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: West End
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold night needed warm food”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

my wife and I popped in for dim sum and we were not disappointed. We were very cold and we're warmed up by dim sum and noodle soup. Doesn't look much from outside and the inside is a bit shabby but the food was very tasty.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“dumplings all round!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is a very basic, odd little place actually that we stumbled across but the dumplings here are homemade, fresh and delicious!
Despite the quirky service from the owner, his wife really does know what she is doing in the tiny kitchen- all on her own!
With no amenities for little ones, (despite this being a family business) it was a rather awkward, rushed meal for us and our 11 month old son, but never the less, the food was excellent and extremely well priced.

• Visited August 2013
“Good food, poor waiting service”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I really like Meadowood and visit for lunch or dinner a few times a year. The food is great, but the waiting service is very slow and not very customer friendly. The last time I visited we waited so long to receive our food (40 minutes, with only one other table in) we missed the film we were going to see. This was despite making it very clear after about 30 minutes that we had to leave very shortly. The chap behind the counter seemed completely uninterested in serving and I ended up having enough time to eat as well as missing my film. I really like the place and wouldn't usually write a review like this, but I'm hoping the they might see this and tighten things up a bit (a lot).

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Is love too strong a word????”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I visited the Meadowood cafe in Edinburgh one Monday in July. I went back everyday for the next 3 days. Meadowood is hidden inbetween two other asian restaurant, one which wafts out very pungent, noxious, almost over-bearing MSG-like smells. But like a shakepearean actress dropped on to the set of "The only way is Essex", Meadowood's natural class shines through. Meadowood's simple ambience and the friendly staff gives it that family feel. Every order I made included an order of "Dim Sum Combo". The Hon Su Beef is amazing. Everything tasted natural and homemade. I'm not one to use the word "love" lightly, but for the food at Meadowood I'm willing to make an exception.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GokeF
Toronto, Canada
“Great choice of food!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Small but spacious. This had a good selection for vegetarians too. I went for some dim sum and a rice meal. Was great. Freshly cooked. Definitely would go again!

Visited August 2013