just stayed a 4 st giles apartments on the royal mile for my hen do accomodation and i cant speak highly enough of them.
i have read some bad comments about the size of accomodation, however every thing is relative! by american standards the flat (like everything in the uk) is tiny... but by scottish standards and especially because you are ON the royal mile... it is HUGE!
its a 3 bed flat with ensuite on the main bed plus bathroom between the other 2 beds. has a big dining kitchen with space for 6 at the table. plus a big lounge with 3 sofas and 2 windows with views of princes st and the waverly station. so you feel connected to the heart of the city without actually hearing all the noise and bussle.
we arrived quite tired from walking up the big hill to the royal mile and was greeted with excellent service whichmade our day! helped with bags, friendly manner to pay and gave us a walk round of the flat.
i have read ppl have had problems with the hot water or ovens etc and i dont think its because they were faulty... just the guest didnt understand how it worked. thus on the tour we were made fully aware of the quirks and it must be something the company have addressed in response to trip adviser.
the level of decor and maintainance is very high, no major faults it even tho i snag buildings for a living as an architect! so it takes a lot to impress me. only thing i would suggest was some wd40 sprayed on some of the internal door hinges as they squeeked really loudly but thats me trying hard to pick holes!
the group was my 3 bridemaids, plus my mum and sister. due to the spaceous layout there was lots of areas to have group or alone time so we werent all ontop of each other like in a hotel or small flat.
weekend in edinburgh was a real mixed bag of highs and lows but this was one of the highs and always nice to come back to.
will book again as it also worked out to good value for money compared to a hotel where youd be forced to pay out more for lunches and dinners. once we divided it into the 6 hens it was = £35 each for deposit and £35 each for final balance for 2 nights. not bad id say.
lovely, good job x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Giles Apartments offers self catering accommodation in the heart of Edinburgh at great value for money. Our self catering apartments are furnished to excellent standards, designer finished, fully equipped with all crockery and linens. Situated conveniently for all of Edinburgh’s attractions our apartments make for an exceptional base while visiting our historic city.By staying with us you will find great value when comparing to a city centre hotel but with the added benefit of your own living room, dining area, fully equipped kitchen and most importantly privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your St Giles Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Giles Apartments Hotel Edinburgh
- St Giles Apartments Edinburgh, Scotland