“Unique and delightful B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Wallace's Arthouse Scotland
Ranked #150 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2009

My partner and I recently stayed at Wallace's Arthouse for five nights on a business trip. Wallace was a charming but unintrusive host. He was very helpful in sorting out the practical details of our visit. Our room was spacious, quiet and well-equipped, with an excellent en-suite shower and toilet. Highly recommended.

Incidentally, the single one-star rating on this site seems to be a slip of the finger -- the review is actually extremely positive!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Wallace's Arthouse Scotland

Reviewed 26 September 2009

We arrived about 11pm and were greeted by Wallace with a glass of Prosecco. He was such a lovely host throughout and made our stay in Edinburgh very special. He even presented my boyfriend with a birthday cake & a card! The room was lovely & spacious, warm even on a chilly night. At breakfast Wallace was so attentive, even lending us bus fare for the day! I would definitely recommend a stay here. Edinburgh centre is a short bus ride away, and there are some great restaurants about 5 mins walk down the road.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I found Wallace's Arthouse to be an amazing place to stay. I was just intending on staying one night, but based on Wallace's hospitality and great conversation, I ended up changing my plans and staying another night. He showed me some cool little spots for dinner and some cozy drinks after just around the corner in Leith. The whole experience was just delightful and will make my way back there again. The interior was a great eclectic mix of old and new, telling of Wallace's travels around the world.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I had an extremely comfortable and friendly visit in this exquisitely furnished and restored Georgian appartment just two minutes walk from the harbour in Leith. It is very convenient for buses into the centre of Edinburgh. The area has a huge amount of restaurants of every sort and coffee bars abound. The proprietor,Wallace, was very friendly and helpful and provided a splendid choice of cerealsand fresh fruits & juices for breakfast. The atmosphere of this appartment reeks of elegance, good taste and comfort.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2009

To say that our time at WallaceArtHouse exceeded our expectations would be an understatement. The apartment itself is the best kind of gallery; a living collection of a lifetime of travel and experience....and impeccable taste.
The rooms were at once contemporary and warm. Wallace was a most welcoming host, delightful and informative; and his commitment to the art community further enhanced his appeal. There is no doubt that his salon will be in high demand, particularly during the Edinburgh Art Festival.
Just wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2009

Having stayed with Wallace in his Spoleto Arthouse I knew that he would have equally wonderful accomodation in Edinburgh. The rooms are large, bright and spotless with large bathrooms and flowers by the bedside. Breakfast was wonderful and as always Wallace is a gracious host. He recommended wonderful restaurant and things to see that we surely would have missed without his guidance. Should you be so fortunate to book with Wallace you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My girlfriend and I were fortune enough to have met Wallace at a Gallery opening where I learned about his B&B. A wedding in Edinburgh meant I was able to take up his offer of a room. Our stay was short, however Wallace was welcomed us on arrival and provided great entertainment the following morning over breakfast. Wallace is knowledgeable about the area and his B&B provides a great platform for exploring the capital. A wonderful retreat to return to after any adventure.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple