“If you're staying in Edinburgh you mustn't miss Wallace's Arthouse!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Wallace's Arthouse Scotland
Ranked #151 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I have now stayed in Wallace's Arthouse a number of times. Why? Firstly, Wallace has made a stay in his B&B a very special experience for everyone who goes there. It's a beautiful space, full of light, wonderful touches like bowls of fresh cherries in the bedroom and fluffy white bathrobes, not to mention spotless, top quality bed linen. It manages that wonderful mix of feeling really stylish and really comfortable. This last time he was even hosting a wonderful art exhibition in the public rooms.

What else? Well it all comes down to Wallace himself. You'll never find a more genial host, offering wine or tea as soon as you're through the door. He'll make breakfast at your convenience and to your tastes. Once he knew I liked fresh fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, that's what he serves me, in great abundance. He treats everyone as a friend, yet absolutely observes their privacy.

I have stayed with Wallace when staying over in Edinburgh to go to theatre shows and so on and also for business, as it's a short walk from the Scottish Government headquarters, where I sometimes work.

And lastly..it's a stone's throw from some really world class restaurants. What more could a woman want?!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlasgowDil
There are newer reviews for Wallace's Arthouse Scotland

Reviewed 31 August 2010

My father and his partner stayed here when visiting me in Edinburgh. Wallace is a fine host: welcoming, interesting and interested, who has created a wonderful atmosphere. The rooms are light, comfortable and clean; the house is beautifully designed and a million miles from most hotels. I am told the breakfasts were excellent too. An example of the charming service? Biscuits and chocolates had been placed in the room, but my father isn't really a biscuit person and said they were unlikely to eat them. On returning the following day, a bowl of fresh cherries had taken their place...

Reviewed 30 August 2010

Wallace is the charming owner of the house, filled with plenty of art! (There was an exhibition going on while we were there)

The room is excellent, with plenty of room, unique one off furniture and we love returning every night to discover that Wallace has turned down the duvet and also left some chocolates and fruits for us to munch on. There is a hot water kettle in the room with plenty of tea selections.

The bathroom is ensuite with a powerful showerhead, hot water and plenty of mirror such that my friend and I can put on our make up together at the same time. There are flowers in the room and the living room has lots of books to browse through.

Wallace is also very friendly and helpful, helping us to navigate around Leith and Edinburgh. Talking to him in the morning over breakfast is a very pleasant experience. He is exactly like the uncle that you always wish that you have.

The breakfast in the morning is fantastic in terms of variety! It beats what I have eaten before in hotels. Wallace is a very sweet man and after staying at this place, there is no other place that I will consider in Edinburgh!

The place is accessible by a pleasant half hour walk or just catch bus 22, 16 from the bus stop at princes street going toward leith walk. 10 minutes bus journey.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Our honeymoon in Scotland began at Wallace's genius Arthouse, and we returned at the end of our Highlands tour to stay with him for our last night. We were warmly welcomed with fresh flowers, a honeymoon card, chocolates, prosecco, and tea and biscuits. Wallace is truly interested in the world and has brilliant taste in everything. His apartment is beautifully decorated, his breakfasts are fresh and tasty, and above all he's wonderful and knowledgeable company. This was absolutely the best place we stayed during our two weeks in Scotland. Leith is a great neighborhood full of fascinating nooks and crannies. Getting into the Town Centre is easy by bus, and it's a pleasure to come home to some peace and quiet at the end of the day.

Reviewed 20 August 2010

Having traveled throughout England and Scotland, we ended our trip in Edinburgh.
Apparently, we saved the best for last. Wallace greeted us warmly, guided us to
everything we wanted to do, and guaranteed we were comfortable. His Arthouse is
well-situated, very clean and, of course, full of art. We feel like we got the
perfect host, a gateway to all that is good in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Up 3 flights of stairs to a comfortable apartment, a stones throw from the Water of Leith and wonderful selection of restaurants. About 30min walk into Edinburgh or catch the easy 36 bus

Reviewed 2 August 2010

Brilliant place, tucked away from the hustle and bustle but near enough to walk into the city. Wallace is an awesome guy, full of interesting things to say and incredibly friendly!
I have recommended this B and B to my parents, my friends and my family as I think they would all enjoy it here. Great breakfasts, (a feast and something different every day), comfy beds, great proximity to all the delicious restaurants in Leith and a short walk to the city make this a truly fantastic place to stay.
Thanks Wallace, you are a dude and we hope we'll stay again soon! xx

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple