“The Best B & B I've Ever Visited!!!”
Review of Millers 64

Millers 64
Ranked #64 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Having chosen this B & B venue based on previous reviews, I wanted to make sure and add my comments. This facility exceeded my expectations and the hosts were warm and very helpful. Louise and her family answered my questions, helped advise me on places to visit and provided a scumptious breakfast that was prepared on time and hot every morning! My room was beautiful, the bed was warm and cozy and the location made it easy to walk to The Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle or hail a taxi to explore. Louise's family even had their homemade, mouth-watering raspberry preserves available for purchase! I can't wait to come back for a visit if nothing more than to see the Louise and her family again. Simply the BEST!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 August 2010

The house is lovely and very stylishly decorated, on first appeances I was really pleased with my choice. However the bedroom we stayed in was very noisey as its next to a very busy road and the blinds let the sunlight in at 5am which woke us both up. The rooms could really do with thick curtains to keep the traffic and the sunlight out. The breakfast was lovely and Louise is a very good host, I was annoyed howevr that we could not leave our bags as we had previosuly agreed with her. Perhaps this was because I had mentioned the curtains!? Overall, lovely but it doesn't in my opinion live up to the hype of the other reviews.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bear1883
scotsgal67, Owner at Millers 64, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2010

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all our guests feedback as it assists us to continually improve our guest facilities.Following your comments during your stay about the light coming through the blinds, we immediately arranged for Tweed curtains to be made for this room.

Reviewed 29 June 2010

My wife and I have just returned form a 3 night break in Edinburgh, staying in Millars64. I'll keep it short and sweet as follows;
1/ Millars64 is a lovely B&B Leith.
2/ Louise, the owner, is an excellent host and nothing is too much bother for her.
3/ We felt that little bit "extra effort" was put into everything by Louise right from the booking stage, throughout our stay and every other aspect of our visit.
4/ Bedroom and unsuite was bueatifully furnished with good quality fixtures and fittings.
5/ Breakfast was lovely, consisting of a small special smoothie starter, choice of cereal, full cooked breakfast, and homemade muffins, jams etc.

I could go on and on singing the praises of Millars64, but just that my advice and book a few nights and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I'm very fussy by the way.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

A boutique ambience and a nurturing atmosphere. Lovely large bedroom with superior bathroom. Extra touches such as home made shortbread and quality, organic bathroom products. Breakfast was delicious with a large choice including homemade preserves and bakes goods. Louise and Shona (and their delightful mother) were extremely helpful by suggesting and booking restaurants and places to see. Make sure to try Fishers on the Leith waterfront. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Millers64 is just superb! Beautiful decor, stylish yet still so comfortable and homely. Breakfast was fantastic and Louise did everything to ensure we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2010

We chose Millers64 for our honeymoon in December. From the moment we booked I knew we were in a for treat! Louise sent us several emails in the run up to our stay suggesting places to eat and tickets for Hogmanay which we incredibly helpful.

The location of the hotel was ideal, only a short walk from the station city and a quick bus ride to the waterfront, which was a side to the city we'd never explored before and the place where we ate some of the best seafood ever had.

Our time at Millers64 was second to none, everything from the home-baked goodies to the luxe bedrooms made this a stay to remember. The breakfast options were amazing, fresh muffins, good local produce, all served family style in the dining room. And I can thoroughly recommend the breakfast in bed that is available!

All in all, we cannot recommend this place highly enough. A big thank you to Louise & Shona for making this a stay to remember!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We stayed in Millers 64 in May this year for the weekend of the Heinekin Cup Final with another couple. As soon as we arrived there was a very special feeling about this place. The two sisters possess everything that is right about running a B&B. The whole house is immaculate with fabulous pieces dotted around from the girls travels around the world. Our bedroom was big, bright and very comfortable. The second bedroom which our friends were in was a bit smaller but still equally comfortable. The breakfast was by far the best we had in a long time; again, it was the extra touches - the homemade granola and the breads. Would definitely come back again. Bernie, Co. Kildare, Ireland

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple