Millers 64
  • Pool
24 Royal Terrace(Edinburgh)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspark suitehomemade shortbreadb bpilrig streetbeautifully decorated roomslouise makeswee dram of whiskyfabulous bedscottish tabletsky lightleith walkcity centrefront of the houseseparate bathperfect place to stay in edinburghyogurtbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Having chosen this B & B venue based on previous reviews, I wanted to make sure and add my comments. This facility exceeded my expectations and the hosts were warm and very helpful. Louise and her family answered my questions, helped advise me on places to visit and provided a scumptious breakfast that was prepared on time and hot every morning! My room was beautiful, the bed was warm and cozy and the location made it easy to walk to The Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle or hail a taxi to explore. Louise's family even had their homemade, mouth-watering raspberry preserves available for purchase! I can't wait to come back for a visit if nothing more than to see the Louise and her family again. Simply the BEST!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The house is lovely and very stylishly decorated, on first appeances I was really pleased with my choice. However the bedroom we stayed in was very noisey as its next to a very busy road and the blinds let the sunlight in at 5am which woke us both up. The rooms could really do with thick curtains to keep the traffic and the sunlight out. The breakfast was lovely and Louise is a very good host, I was annoyed howevr that we could not leave our bags as we had previosuly agreed with her. Perhaps this was because I had mentioned the curtains!? Overall, lovely but it doesn't in my opinion live up to the hype of the other reviews.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bear1883
scotsgal67, Owner at Millers 64, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2010

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all our guests feedback as it assists us to continually improve our guest facilities.Following your comments during your stay about the light coming through the blinds, we immediately arranged for Tweed curtains to be made for this room.

Reviewed 29 June 2010

My wife and I have just returned form a 3 night break in Edinburgh, staying in Millars64. I'll keep it short and sweet as follows;
1/ Millars64 is a lovely B&B Leith.
2/ Louise, the owner, is an excellent host and nothing is too much bother for her.
3/ We felt that little bit "extra effort" was put into everything by Louise right from the booking stage, throughout our stay and every other aspect of our visit.
4/ Bedroom and unsuite was bueatifully furnished with good quality fixtures and fittings.
5/ Breakfast was lovely, consisting of a small special smoothie starter, choice of cereal, full cooked breakfast, and homemade muffins, jams etc.

I could go on and on singing the praises of Millars64, but just that my advice and book a few nights and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I'm very fussy by the way.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

A boutique ambience and a nurturing atmosphere. Lovely large bedroom with superior bathroom. Extra touches such as home made shortbread and quality, organic bathroom products. Breakfast was delicious with a large choice including homemade preserves and bakes goods. Louise and Shona (and their delightful mother) were extremely helpful by suggesting and booking restaurants and places to see. Make sure to try Fishers on the Leith waterfront. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Millers64 is just superb! Beautiful decor, stylish yet still so comfortable and homely. Breakfast was fantastic and Louise did everything to ensure we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple