“this place is great.”
Review of Millers 64

Millers 64
Ranked #66 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2010

we went to the fringe for a few days and stayed here, i recomened this to everyone ,
for me 5 stars for comfort, , top spec, attention to detail ,a great host full of good local advise and hospitality and a breakfast to die for wow.
if you are going to edinghburgh check this place out as must .

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 August 2010

My friend Victoria and I shared the wonderful front bedroom at Millers 64 last year and are planning another visit after the Festival. We can't wait! She slept on the pull out sofa bed - which she said was as comfy as any proper bed she had slept in. I nearly drowned in the fluffy pillows on my enormous queen size bed! The bathroom has a deep bath and walk in shower with lovely organic soap and body lotion made specially for Millers 64. The decor throughout is stylishly contemporary and very clean.

After a night on the town a full Scottish is what you need for your hangover and the breakfast that Louise cooked for us was sublime - esp Sally's homemade apricot jam, which I caught her making one morning!
Don't stay in a boring overpriced hotel. THIS is the place to stay in Edinburgh! Please tell the ladies we said "Hi!"

Alexandra Boyd

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We booked Millers 64 after reading about it in the Sunday Times and the rave reviews on this site. We were somewhat disappointed. We stayed in the garden room which is lovely and spacious with a huge bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. There is an amount of traffic noise from the road but we've stayed on Pilrig Street before and expected it. Breakfast, unfortunately, was very disappointing. Firstly, I dont 'do chat' in the mornings and hated sharing the single table with the four other guests. There were no newspapers. The quality of the food itself was generally fair, but it had quite obviously been cooked earlier and re-heated for us coming downstairs- I dont understand why is this necessary when there are only six guests nor why we had to order the evening before. The porridge was fine but the portion verging on miserly. The french toast was barely edible; it didn't take too kindly to the microwave, I guess. We certainly weren't encouraged to have cereal and a cooked breakfast - the plates arrived seconds after we sat down. Oh, and toast was a help yourself affair. We have stayed at better, and considerably cheaper B&Bs on the same road and will do again. Dont believe the hype!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank wwm
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Having chosen this B & B venue based on previous reviews, I wanted to make sure and add my comments. This facility exceeded my expectations and the hosts were warm and very helpful. Louise and her family answered my questions, helped advise me on places to visit and provided a scumptious breakfast that was prepared on time and hot every morning! My room was beautiful, the bed was warm and cozy and the location made it easy to walk to The Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle or hail a taxi to explore. Louise's family even had their homemade, mouth-watering raspberry preserves available for purchase! I can't wait to come back for a visit if nothing more than to see the Louise and her family again. Simply the BEST!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The house is lovely and very stylishly decorated, on first appeances I was really pleased with my choice. However the bedroom we stayed in was very noisey as its next to a very busy road and the blinds let the sunlight in at 5am which woke us both up. The rooms could really do with thick curtains to keep the traffic and the sunlight out. The breakfast was lovely and Louise is a very good host, I was annoyed howevr that we could not leave our bags as we had previosuly agreed with her. Perhaps this was because I had mentioned the curtains!? Overall, lovely but it doesn't in my opinion live up to the hype of the other reviews.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bear1883
scotsgal67, Owner at Millers 64, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2010

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all our guests feedback as it assists us to continually improve our guest facilities.Following your comments during your stay about the light coming through the blinds, we immediately arranged for Tweed curtains to be made for this room.

Reviewed 29 June 2010

My wife and I have just returned form a 3 night break in Edinburgh, staying in Millars64. I'll keep it short and sweet as follows;
1/ Millars64 is a lovely B&B Leith.
2/ Louise, the owner, is an excellent host and nothing is too much bother for her.
3/ We felt that little bit "extra effort" was put into everything by Louise right from the booking stage, throughout our stay and every other aspect of our visit.
4/ Bedroom and unsuite was bueatifully furnished with good quality fixtures and fittings.
5/ Breakfast was lovely, consisting of a small special smoothie starter, choice of cereal, full cooked breakfast, and homemade muffins, jams etc.

I could go on and on singing the praises of Millars64, but just that my advice and book a few nights and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I'm very fussy by the way.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2010

A boutique ambience and a nurturing atmosphere. Lovely large bedroom with superior bathroom. Extra touches such as home made shortbread and quality, organic bathroom products. Breakfast was delicious with a large choice including homemade preserves and bakes goods. Louise and Shona (and their delightful mother) were extremely helpful by suggesting and booking restaurants and places to see. Make sure to try Fishers on the Leith waterfront. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple