“Plan ahead”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were very Lucky, since we just walked in for dinner. Cosy, friendly, and excellent food. Start to finish it made our first night in Edinburgh great! Put this one on your to do list. Enjoy.

3  Thank TommyMctraveller
Write a ReviewReviews (2,092)

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived 12.30 to a very warm welcome. We had the mussels for starter and them the seafood gratin. Great value for money and great ambience.

2  Thank Beggsy19
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I went there with my boyfriend for dinner. Everything was delicious! I was very impressed from the combination on ingredients! It was a great experience! :-)

2  Thank NibblerSM
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went based on TA reviews and it didn't live up to the hype. The Lentil and Bacon soup was phenomenal but the steaks were swimming in butter to the point of being over saturated. Also, I think they mixed up our order. I was supposed to have a Medium Rare Sirloin but it looked like a Medium to Medium Well Ribeye and my husband was supposed to have the Ribeye that looked like a Sirloin. Our sides were correct but I think they mixed up our meats. However, we were outside and the server didn't check back until we were nearly done so we didn't verify. If I went back, I would ask them to leave off the steak butter. It pools on the plate and the meat swims in it.

2  Thank 206SeattleNative
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

27/07/14. Found this place on TripAdvisor and thought we'd give it a go based on reviews. Didn't disappoint. Small, quite intimate venue located in the new town. Staff were helpful & polite. Food was very tasty and good sized portions. When in Scotland have to try the haggis starter, very large portion but really good - particularly the creamy sauce which accompanies it. Enjoyable dining experience - would recommend.

1  Thank James B