“Fantastic location! Modern and great value for money!”

Advocates Apartments Royal Mile
Ranked #139 of 202 Speciality Lodging in Edinburgh
“Fantastic location! Modern and great value for money!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My parents an I have just finished staying at the advocated apartments on the royal mile. It was a wonderful experience as we are visiting from Dubai and found this perfectly located place. They wanted to see the castle and eat at some of the fine sonic restaurants which were only 5 minutes away! The apartment was clean and I very much enjoyed the chocolate left on my pillow. We stayed at royal mile mansions. Concidering there was three of us it worked out pretty cheap. Was slightly noisy at night but that didn't really bother me. Would stay there again. Can imagine it would be pretty buzzing during the festival. Maybe will be back. Love Edinburgh!

• Stayed December 2011

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
scotland
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed at Duncans apartments in December, Advocate apartments is actually a booking agent for indiviual owned seperate apartments. On arrival, 2 pm, room was freezing, not particulary well decorated very basic, Advocate assured us this would be sorted, never was, eventually moved to IBIS hotel nearby, which was grotty but couldnt get anything else. Would I use Advocate again, probably not, have stayed self catering before and always use Owners Abroad websire, they do U.K. properties too and havent been disapointed,,,,if going to Edinburgh wee tip,,,stay in Hotel or use the said website...I would avoid Advocate
P.S...they promised compensation but nothing forthcomming from them

Room Tip: stick to either hotel or use owners abroad website,,,,just be careful
1 Thank ScotlandBev

Travellers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed at the Advocates Royal Mile apartments and the whole experience is one to forget. But lets start with the positives...

+ Brilliant location
+ spacious apartment with lovely original features

OK, that's done. Now the bad....

- Noise. Lots of it. All night
- It's a tired apartment with 5* aspirations but 3* execution

I would not stay there again. If you are one of the people enjoying the Edinburgh nightlife then this might suit you. It's easier to sleep during the day than night.

I also believe that my booking which to me was completely valid was somehow no longer valid. News to me and a royal pain to be honest. My suspicion is that a more lucrative booking came along but I'll never know. But I am certain that I'll never stay at a property run by Advocates again.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else, do your research. Don't stay here with young kids.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Los T
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed in Parliment square apartment 7 for a short Christmas break.

We arrived to pick the keys up from the designated boxes, which were a little tricky to find as they are just in a doorway to a solicitors - but there was a guy standing outside who helped us out.

The apartments are in a brilliant location regardless of the type of trip you are wanting, shopping, tourism, eating etc... all very close distance as it is right in the middle of the Royal Mile.

Our apartment wasn't great but for what we paid we don't have too many compaints, the few issues we did have were -
The bedroom was just big enough for a double bed, no space to get ready in there, lack of mirrors - my girlfriend had to get ready in the bathroom as there was nowhere to sit down with a mirror etc.. also there was a waste pipe running down one corner of the bedroom which meant we could hear water trickling down throughout the night, this was an absoloute nightmare if your a light sleeper.

Also all 3 nights we could hear people outside up to about 2am shouting etc.. as they walked back from the close bars, I think part of the ghost walk tour is outside of these apartments to so you may hear some screaming until about 10-11pm ish.

Parking is obviously an issue in Edinburgh, but we decided to drive due to planning on bringing back alot of bags after a christmas shop. We parked in a park and ride car park (Hermiston) which provided 24 hour free parking, and CCTV. The bus was only £1.60 each to the city centre (about 15 mins bus journey). The apartments is very close to Waverly train station, so if we were to go again with no major shopping plans we would probably just get the train.

Despite the above issues though, we would go back (we wouldn't go on a weekend and pay the full price though, we would just visit during the week and pay the reduced room prices as I don't think we would have got value for money paying full).

We paid £240 for 3 nights, if we were to stop on a weekend I think the price per room (fri & sat) are £140 per night.

I would recommend it, but would advise taking ear plugs - although obviously all of the rooms will vary so I can't comment on the others.

Room Tip: Not room 7
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We recently stayed in a 4 bed and found the accommodation was second to none. Situated on the Royal Mile the location was well placed for our planned trip of sight seeing the architecture of the City. The apartment itself had terrific views and the was very spacious and well maintained. The staff were particularly helpful and pleasant, advising the best places to visit. I would highly recommend using Advocates Apartments for any form of stay in this City.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Buzz887
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I recently stayed in a 4 bedroom apartment with Advocates Apartments and experienced a very hassle-free and luxury service. The simplicity of booking the apartment, obtaining the key and all round location and facilities made it a most pleasent stay for us. The apartment was easy to find and we were very impressed with the large tv (with sky), stereo and all the other mod-cons. The furniture was more than up to the standard of a luxury apartment and we were made to feel at home by the very pleasent management. I would certainly recommend using Advocates Apartments for anyone seeking a hassle free and luxury service.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed in the Burnetts apartment 25-27th Oct 2011. It is situated on the Royal Mile across from The Filling Station.
The Advocate Apartments staff informed me on the day of arrival I would receive a text message with details of how to get keys etc. I didn't receive this so I called the office & he asked if i had received an email with a box number etc, this wasn't received either. So we walked with bags trying to find the office to get our keys on Blair Street. Why we couldn't be met at the apartments i dont know as we were laden with bags.
The close upto apartment is not lit at night so have your wits about you!
On entering the apartment we found it to be clean, spacious & well equipped. But when you pull the blibds down you'll find they aren't familiar with a duster.
Apartments noisy at night due to location & original windows.
We had an uninvited guest of a mouse appear in the apartment on our last night in the living room!
Only ONE toilet roll provided! Between FOUR people.
Four small milk sachets provided ( i recently stayed at the cheaper Lochend Serviced Apartments) & the owner provided us with a welcome pack & a pint of milk. Its a nice gesture.
Overall the apartment was comfertable,fabulous location, spacious, well equipped but for what you pay, a pint of milk & more than one rollof toilet roll wouldn't go amiss. The blinds also really need cleaned & the mouse holes need blocked off.
I'd definately stay here again, walking distance to everything but better communication is certainly needed regarding booking.

• Stayed October 2011