“Best Apartments”

Royal Mile Accommodation
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed in Royal Mile apartments for a week at the end of June, and really enjoyed our stay. We were greeted by an informative and helpful man who got us settled. The apartment is perfectly located next to the castle and high street. perfect for an evening stroll or dinner, location couldn't be better. Apartment was clean, quiet most of the time, and had plenty of room for our family of 4.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anetakas

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed in a 3 bedroom townhouse just off the Royal mile, great location we walked right onto the Royal mile and it was only a 10 minute walk to princess street. The accommodation was perfect for our family of 5 and we really enjoyed our stay
The staff on booking us in were fantastic and gave us a lot of useful information for our first time in edinburgh, we look forward to coming back and would defiantly stay again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Batman x
Reviewed 6 July 2013

After reading the reviews I was a little worried but for our long weekend away in Edinburgh it was perfect. Just seconds off the royal mile and about a 5 minute walk from the north bridge it was great. Rooms were very nice and simple, just what we wanted. Kitchen had both a fridge and freezer, a oven, washing machine, microwave, iron/board and a dishwasher. A number of plates, bowls, glasses and culturally was also provided. Living room was spacious with a sky TV and DVD player.The bathroom was good, and both bedrooms has an en-suite. Apartment also provided two hairdressers and towels. Only downside was we only had one set of keys which was a little bit of a difficulty if you wanted to split up. Would definitely consider this apartment next time we're away!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

great location. . nice views ..ok apartment. ..lovely caretaker and handiman but pity about the street rubbish there all week ! and discovered nasty stains on mattress and duvet when we stripped the beds :( only other point is that cooker half worked, beds blocked access to wardrobes, and lots of stains on carpets and walls though it was beginning of season ...saying that we would book again the location was great.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We booked this apartment based on the location as it suited the needs of our traveling party which included 2 older people (one with walking difficulties) and an infant of 10 months old. On the morning of our arrival we were advised that the property was trashed by its previous occupants and we were 'upgraded' to another apartment in Grassmarket area with no parking. We could only access the apartment at 14h00 to see whether it would suit, waited for 30 minutes on the street in the wind for someone to arrive and eventually were in at 15h00 only to find it will not work for us. The entrance was grubby and dirty and certainly did not give a very good impression. We ended up having to find something else, which was very stressful given the time frame and members of our party!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I've stayed there for 4 nights recently.Letting company took payment a month before my arrival,and send me text message with detais how to check in.It was good as I knew where to go and get a key,but also confusing,as I though it wasn't necessary to call,when I arrived.
Also keys I found in a box were for different number,that specified in a message.
I booked accomodation for 2,and got 3 bedroom house.
Best part was kitchen and living room area(just bit too dark for my liking).
Heating worked only few hours per day,and it was pretty cold during day time.There was no boiler.There was a heating control on wall downstairs,that suppose to make a clicking sound when active,but most of the time didn't work.There was no hot water in the morning.
In the moddle of my stay,while out,I had houskeepers visit.They thought I booked for 2 nighs,and were about to remove my stuff from apartment.Luckily I got back on time.
After some explanation they left.I got asked If payment was taken,and I confirmed.
Because of all this mix up,I had to call the office,and clear it up.They took money in February,and tried to charge me again.I know as I check balance with my credit card issuer pretty often.
There are certainly better options in Edinburgh.Don't bother with this one.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We enjoyed our apartment but unfortunately we could not figure out how the little heater things worked ! We were really cold and couldn't find a thermostat however, we all slept around the electric fireplace and were cozy and warm. The apartment was great, super location, secure, quite and very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family