“Mr gandhi DC”

Ranked #9 of 75 Fun & Games in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first escape room experience, and we were much excited. It is actually very brilliantly made stuff which you need to crack by yourself... unfortunately we could not..and repeatedly had to ask for the clues..but appreciate the overall efforts taken by the owners. Our host Rachael was really humble, cooperative and helpful....I will give her 5 stars..
Overall great place to visit ...

1  Thank Dharmesh G
"cafe upstairs"
"team building exercise"
"ranging in age"
in 2 reviews
"without giving too much away"
"game master"
"a lot of fun"
in 5 reviews
"brilliant experience"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The venue is located in the basement of a cafe which means you can have a coffee if you're early or when you finish, but it's on a main road in the North of Edinburgh.

We got a Groupon and I took my family to the 'Bunker'. You're shown into a room where you're given a briefing and watch a short video explaining some of the do's and don'ts, before you get locked into the equivalent of an Air Raid Shelter.

Once you've worked out how to escape from there, you enter a larger room and that's where the 'main' puzzles are. However, don't assume you've finished with the Air Raid Shelter (like we did!).

Our Gamesmaster was Michael and he was great - very patient. He stepped in with offers of clues from time to time and left us to it for the rest! He must've had a good laugh to himself at my antics!

All in all, the puzzles were really good (albeit very frustrating) but I would have considered them to be more towards older teenagers and adults. We had a younger teenager and an older teenager and we struggled I have to admit!

However, there are sound effects in the background as well as other things (which I won't mention as it will spoil the surprise!) which makes the game feel authentic.

We visited here purely because of the Groupon but for those of you considering this venue, but don't have a voucher, I'd still say to give it a bash. 'Escape Rooms' are popping up everywhere but these puzzles were devilishly ingenious and required some very lateral thinking!

However, we had a great laugh so it was a very enjoyable experience.

Just a final piece of advice - the area around the venue has parking restrictions so I deliberately came here on a Sunday and was able to park right outside!

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

What an experience! Outbreak had some difficult puzzles to work out, however working as a team certainly helped. An overall enjoyable experience - Steven scaring one member of our team multiple times gave us a good laugh as well. Definitely recommend

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Went to complete both rooms with a group of my friends. The rooms were really well laid out and the puzzles were challenging but in a good way. Both Cody and Carl were really nice and super helpful with clues and talking us through the puzzles we struggled with. Would highly recommend this as a day out.