“Slightly disappointed”

The Refinery St Andrew Square
Ranked #804 of 2,701 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$11 - US$46
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: Perfectly located in the heart of Edinburgh, The Refinery is the newest addition to the city's thriving drinking and dining scene. A simply stunning setting combining industrial sophistication with Scottish comforts. Day or night, from business breakfasts to long dinner dates, The Refinery St Andrew Square is your escape from the everyday.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A group of friends getting together having not seen each other for a while this looked like a great place. We were seated to one side so could swop seats during the meal and we all really enjoyed the ambiance. Staff were most helpful, but there were a few things that I felt could have been better.

DrakeMorgan, Manager at The Refinery St Andrew Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi PAnn57

Thank you for taking the time to send over you feedback.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed the ambiance and that our staff were accommodating. I am sorry you felt there were a few short comings during your visit. We are always striving to do better to create an amazing customer experience so it would be fab if you could let us know what you felt let us down. Our email is info@refinerystandrew.co.uk.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited for lunch on a Sunday late morning. Wasn't too busy and the staff were friendly. Really liked the understated decor and really nice brunch menu.

Hi Caitlin H,

Thank you for such a lovely review, so pleased you enjoyed yourself - nothing better than a Sunday brunch!!
Hope to see you again in the future, do drop us an email for any reservations - info@refinerystandrew.co.uk.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have eaten at the refinery around 5-6 times, for various parties, events, and meals out with friends. Although the refinery has many great aspects, I feel that I always leave feeling very underwhelmed.

1. The decor is fantastic. There has been a lot of time and money spent on the making the restaurant look amazing. It is a great place to dine as far as the decor goes

2. The staff have always been amazing. They are attentive, fast, and welcoming

3. The menu (on paper) is pretty good, and it offers a wide range of dishes to suit the tastes and preferences of most people.

4. The food. Speaking from my own experience is woeful. The meals are overpriced, riddled with salt, lacking crucial flavour and a clear indication of rushed service from Chefs with little passion. This restraunt could be a so so much better if the food quality was increased.

I would return to the refinery as it is in a lovely setting, it has lovely staff, a great atmosphere and great decor. However, I will only be having a drink next time!

1  Thank Ali R

Hi Ali R,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am really sorry to read you do not enjoy our food. I have sent over your constructive feedback to our head chef who will certainly address this with his team.

I am really pleased you have said you will join us again. Please feel free to drop us an email and we can organise a lovely table for you - info@refinerystandrew.co.uk.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went on a Saturday afternoon for long lunch and a few drinks. Food was good with decent portions. Staff were attentive and friendly. Prices reasonable for the centre of Edinburgh. Relaxed amostsphere.

DrakeMorgan, Manager at The Refinery St Andrew Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Eck M,
Thanks for sending on your feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us, I will pass on your comments to our team!
We do hope you will join us again soon!
Thanks, The Refinery Team x

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited the Refinery St. Andrews Square after a long day touring Edinburgh and we were not disappointed! I had the steak and ale pie which was fantastic, and had a bite of my husbands fish and chips which was also awesome. Nice atmosphere, great service and delicious food made for a perfect end to a great day!

Hi Sarah O,

Thanks for leaving such a lovely review. Its great to hear you enjoyed your overall experience with us. I will pass your positive comments regarding the food onto our kitchen team. Hope to see you again soon!

Please do drop us an email at - info@refinerystandrew.co.uk for any future bookings.

Many thanks,