“Poor service”

Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I visited Edinburgh for the first time with my girlfriend, went in at 8:50 on a Saturday the guy in the pub asked my girlfriend if she wanted a table for two and then suddenly said the kitchen was closed, pretty unusual for a pub kitchen to close that early or maybe there was some other reason, either way very poor and won't be going back and will let others know not to visit their

2  Thank Duane M
There are newer reviews for The World's End

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Old school pub with old school style, but a lot of tourists drop in as it is on the High Street. If you need to add just one more t-shirt to the collection this is the place for you. That said the food is very good (for pub food) and is served quickly. They have a very good single malt selection and fair to average beer selection. Walk across the street for better ale choices.

There is an interesting history as to how this pub got its name, but I'll leave that to you to find out.

P.S. It's a Pub. Don't make the ratings out to be anything more detrimental than they are meant to be.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We visited on our last night in Edinburgh after some good meals out so our expectations were high and we certainly weren't disappointed. The pub was very busy with a good atmosphere but we luckily found a table by the bar. We both had steak and it was fantastic, cooked to perfection, just enough chips and onion rings. My husband said the beer was very good too, a lovely finale to our few days in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

No trip to Edinburgh is complete without several trips to The World's End! My husband and I both have multiple favorites on the menu... Balmoral Chicken, Steak & Ale Pie, Haggis, Fish & Chips, & Bangers & Mash- seriously- every single thing is awesome! Drinks are good and cold, service is just right, the atmosphere is so authentic, and don't forget the Millionaire Cheesecake for dessert.

1  Thank Superwoman07
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here because the sign said " biggest fish and chips". It didn't disappoint. Very helpful and friendly staff. Food was excellent. I had to leave some lunch to save room for dessert. My husband had sticky toffee pudding and I had the traditional Scottish Cranachan. Both were fabulous. Also check out the meaning of the pub's name outside. A definite must visit and not too expensive!

1  Thank PIPEL1961