“Great atmosphere”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We where the 7th of may in Edinburgh and had our meal in The World's End. Very pleasant atmosphere and good food. Also nice staf.

1  Thank WimLag
Write a ReviewReviews (1,931)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

A great pub in the center of Edinburgh just in the end of Royal Mile.
Situated just inside the Netherbow gate, poorer residence who couldn't afford the entrance fee back into the city stayed there whole lives within the confines of the City Walls. People who left the City this point foward was the World's End for those people.
It has Scottish food and all sort of whiskys of malt. Nice ambient and a typical decoration! One of the best pubs to know in Einburgh!

1  Thank anasofiasc
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Located directly on the Royal mile. This is the real pub. very crouded and abolsutely authentic. On Friday evening you could hardly find the table (or even a space at the bar counter and have to wait. Anyway, I have been there twice during my visit to Edinburgh and both times was satisfied. They serve traditional Scottish desert - Cranachan, try it. Staff is friendly and helpfull. Cheers.

1  Thank DmitryStPetersburg
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Was looking forward to eating at this wee pub and expected good pub grub. It is a small pub with lots of atmosphere. We both ordered the roast lamb, which was ok, but the lamb was a little chewy for my liking. However given the tiny kitchen which we had an excellent view of not a bad effort I suppose. The waiter was a wee star, he was attentive and friendly even though it was really busy. The worst thing were the toilets which I tried to visit after my meal (thankfully) they were dire. One loo had a broken seat and was filthy, the other just as dirty and unflushed due to the obviously broken flush. If I had visited the toilets before my meal I would not have stayed to eat.

1  Thank Lorraine W
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped in this place for lunch. We were promptly greeted by someone and taken to a table (at some other places in Edinburgh we were stuck looking around wondering if anyone had actually seen us). The food was great. I got the steak and ale pie. My boyfriend got fish and chips and he said it tasted like fish and chips from anywhere.