“Fantastic”

Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I loved this place. Great food, great service. Great Scottish experience. There is a good chance you’ll have to wait but never long. Which translates to a great place if there’s wait. Bonnie wee lass Jane took care of us twice making great suggestions and making our experience even better.

TheWorldsEnd, General Manager at The World's End, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your lovely feedback Joe - I’ll make sure to share this with Jane and the team - I hope you’ll visit again in the future
Susie

Write a ReviewReviews (2,102)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I met my family here for a pre-dinner drink or two. It was going like a train;extremely busy with many people waiting for a table for food. It's worth visiting purely for the history of the place as it contains the outer walls of the City of Edinburgh, of hundreds of years ago. In those days people believed that the World ended if you went outside of the City boundary, hence the name.

Thanks for taking time out to leave us your review Mike - we do indeed get very busy but try our best to manage it so everyone can still enjoy themselves , I’m glad your visit was a positive one ,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Burgers here are to die for. Pretzel buns and buffalo meat. Different kinds of burgers. My daughter got the squash soup I believe. It was amazing as well. Everything was. Excellent meal.

Hi
I can’t delete this but we do not sell pretzel buns or squash soup , sounds like you had a good time wherever you visited but while everything was excellent not enough to give them 5 stars , I’ll need to try and find out where you’ve been to try the burgers !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited the World's End with my cousin who was over from Canada and wanted a decent plate of fish and chips. Well, we were not disappointed. The fish and chips here are great, and our pieces if fish looked like small whales. A couple from Oklahoma sitting next to us were so impressed by our lunch they took a photograph it.

Good pub, great food, and the service was excellent too. Give the World's End a try, for fish and chips at least you won't be disappointed.

TheWorldsEnd, General Manager at The World's End, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Will
So glad we lived up to expectations with the fish and chips - was a pleasure having you both in - Vancouver is a long way to come for lunch ;) no pressure huh !!
Thank again for your kind comments - will see you in 5 years

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ate here on a Saturday night in June so was very busy but such a great atmosphere we just waited a bit in the bar. Waitress was great and even got us to try haggis! Food was good and portions were huge! Even got our son a T-shirt as a souvenir!

Glad you enjoyed the haggis - hope your son likes his t shirt as well ,
Take care