“Piping hot and tasty!”

The World's End
Ranked #135 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Old Town
VA, USA
“Piping hot and tasty!”
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Four ladies from America on a weeks whirlwind stay in Edinburgh. We ate a different place every night, and the Worlds End Pub on the Royal mile stood out as a winner. I had the haggis/neeps/tatties with the whisky cream sauce and cheese. It was phenominal! My daughter had a smoked salmon on chiabatta sandwich. It was huge and fit for a burly farmhand just come in from the field!! My two sisters in law each had the steak and ale pie and reported it to be delicious and the meat tender and flavorful. The cranachan for dessert is not to be missed! We all really enjoyed our meal and would highly recommend this restaurant! The staff were friendly as ever!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank brymstone

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

We ended up eating two nights in a row at the World's End. The pub was serving food a bit later than some places, which we appreciated. We liked that the selection on the menu was real Scottish food, rather than serving California cuisine or something else "modern". The food was very tasty and the portions large, so we really felt we got our money's worth. And you can't beat the ambiance of a 300-year-old pub - the poster on the wall "Rules of the Tavern" was fun to read.

• Visited July 2010
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Cozy Christmas Dinner”
Reviewed 2 January 2011

My family had Christmas dinner at World’s End, which is a quaint pub with very friendly staff. The dinner was quite expensive, although there were few places open. The food was very good, and there were vegetarian choices, but the portions were outrageously huge. Really, two people could easily have split a platter. The atmosphere was warm and the music was fun.

Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Loved it!!!!”
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Wonderful atmosphere, heavenly food, friendly and helpful staff, great ales. What else could one wish for?

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Cosy, lively & GREAT Fish n Chips!!!”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We had been walking around Edinburgh all over for hours and I had heard that this was a good pub, so we tried it for dinner on Saturday just gone (6th November 2010) at 8pm before joining our Mercat ghost tour (also fab!) at 9.45pm. Well I wish we would have had more time to spend in this little gem, because it was warm, cosy, lively and the really frindly staff served us some of the nicest fish and chips I had ever had! My hubby was very impressed too and he is really fussy when it comes to good fish and chips lol! The portions were HUGE, I managed about 3/4 of mine, Mark just about finished his. Amazing pudding too on the specials, but you gotta have a really sweet tooth like me - hot chocolate sponge pudding with a white choc centre and hot choc sauce on top with vanilla ice cream on the side NOM NOM! Good food coupled with good beer, can't go wrong! Fish and chips is £9.99 each, but like I say HUGE and great and I think my beer was £3.57ish, which is quite a lot for me as I come from Yorkshire and work in a pub where our guest ales are £2.10 a pint, but I think you have to take into account its Edinburgh and on the Royal Mile - their overheads cant be cheap. 100% Recommend this place =D