Location: excellent situation directly on Princes Street, 2 blocks from train station, 2-6 blocks from tons of chic New Town restaurants and clubs, 6-10 blocks from Old Town sites, shops, pubs and clubs.
Accomodations: first class decor & accoutrements (large valuables safe, refrigerator, iron, hair dryer, coffee/tea setup, big flat TV, LOTS of fluffy pillows, big deep bathtub as well as marble shower, FREE INTERNET THAT WORKS!) Room temperature control was easy and effective.
Facilities: indoor pool was warm and clean, convenient locker room; dry sauna small but cozy; (sadly steam room was out of order); exercise room full of top quality cardio equipment. Business center was disappointment - nice big meeting spaces but the computers had been disassembled, could not figure out how to reassemble them in order to print files; but front desk was very helpful in printing documents I needed off a flash drive at no charge.
Room service available 24 hours, nice selection, not outrageous prices. Did not try restaurant but bar/lounge was very friendly, good service, good drinks, snacks till 11:30pm, welcoming place to sit solo but also chic enough to host a client.
Front desk quite slow on check in/check out but extremely helpful with any and all questions and needs.
Summary: top notch hotel for either tourist or business activities, at a very competitive rate for 5 star quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland