Stayed here with a friend for two days.
We checked in about noon, and our room was not ready. We then ventured out in the city, assured that we would get a text message when our room was ready. The message never came, but that was about the only bad thing I can say about the service at this hotel, which was friendly and helpful.
Room was on the 4. floor, which felt a bit strange as the reception is on 5th and it feels like going underground. If you like a view I agree with former poster saying that you should book at 5th or higher. We had no view to speak of, but we were there for mixed business and sightseeing and really had no plans to spend more time than necessary in our room.
Room itself was quite small, but well appointed as was the bathroom - tub and shower.
Tea making facilities that we did not use. Plenty of cupboard space as well as a desk and an armchair. Decor was modern and nice enough. As I said, we did not have a view, but the room was unbelievably quiet at night. Beds were very comfortable.
We had breakfast included in our rate - the continental buffet was delicious, as were the cooked options - we had eggs benedict and pancakes with syrup and bacon, both perfect.
The gym and swimming pool were great asa well - did not use the gym (plenty of walking anyway), but used the pool. Changing rooms were great with towels and huge private showers.
The location is superb - you are within walking distance to old town, castle, all the shopping in George Street - you name it. And transportation to and from airport very easy - take bus 100 from airport to Waverly Station, from there it is 5 min walking to the hotel.
Overall I will say that we truly enjoyed our stay here (but next time, we'll ask for a room on a higher floor).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre to the East of Princes Street, this historic building combines traditional features with contemporary style. This four star deluxe hotel has 186 stylish en-suite rooms with widescreen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, ground coffee and selected teas, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Other facilities include Elliot's Bar and Restaurant, Events space for up to 184, and a Spa. The spa's pool, sauna and gym are free to guests and a range of Elemis spa treatments can be booked in the single and couples treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland