L-O-V-E-D this hotel. But what's not to love about Edinburgh right? Found the hotel no probs from the train station (including the bat cave entrance at the bottom ;)) Just up to Princes street from the station and to the right. Reception staff very coureous and professional. Nice big room and chique decor. Big flat screen, wardrobes, coffee/tea service with comp water in fridge. We ended up in handicap equipted bathroom so if you don't mind water going everywhere when you bathe (since it's a "drive through" shower) no biggy.
Our view wasn't great. Just across a casm looking at the other part of the hotel. Parts of the common areas are in faux slate so it gives a "castley" kind of affect. The pool area was nice too. Skylights help with natural lighting. Sauna and steam rooms too.
A cool James Bond way to get to the hotel from the train station is follow the "way out" signs towards platform 1. It's a little confusing because of lots of construction going on. Once you're street level go in the direction of the large arch. On the right you'll see a sign saying Apex. Buzz the reception and they'll open the door. I was almost expecting "Q" to be wonderig the halls there...If you're leaving Edinburgh by train, just take the elevator to the floor marked rail station.
Didn't want to shell out the pounds for the breakfast but there is a great little Italian cafe on the corner that has great options for breakfast. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone for their next trip to Edinburgh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland