I had one night in Edinburgh with two friends and the Apex Waterloo made it such a lovely experience. Finding a hotel for 3 people can be a challenge. We took the train from London and only had a 5 minute walk to the hotel from the train station. It was safe and easy, even with the construction at the train station. At check-in, we were upgraded to a suite which provided a separate bedroom with a king bed and a living area (with a sofa, coffee table, entertainment center including a wall mounted 42" flat screen TV, Bose surround system & DVD player, a small dining table, mini refrigerator, espresso machine, tea kettle & snacks) and a large bathroom with a bath tub worth spending several nights soaking. By the time me made it to the room a rollaway bed (for our third person) was made up in the living room -- still plenty of space to lounge -- and all our luggage was waiting for us.
With one night, we needed to make the most of our time, so we asked the staff for lunch suggestions which were the best of our trip (Guilford Arms -- try the haggis, it was great and the West St Mungo beer). Also, off a side street from the Royal Mile, try The Villager for a great hip pub dinner.
After a long day of sight seeing and eating, we made it back to the room where the staff brought up extra espresso and a DVD for us to watch.
Really, it was such a wonderful hotel and experience. I can not wait for the opportunity to go back and hopefully spend more than one night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland