Just spent 4 nights in this hotel, which we found through TripAdvisor. We chose it partly because it is so close to Waverley Station and Princes St. It was a perfect choice, even more so because we were upgraded to a superior room for free. Nearly all the 4 star hotels in Edinburgh are expensive, but you get what you pay for. A well furnished room, with high end fittings in the bathroom. Deep tub and massive walk-in shower. Excellent, comfortable beds and good pillows. ( They quickly changed my feather pillows for non-allergenic ones.) Double glazed windows meant no sound at all from outside, and friends on a lower floor said that applied to their room too. A massive 42 inch TV, and in our room, an iPod dock and DVD player.
We ate twice in the restaurant, on their early evening menu. Limited choice, but freshly cooked and good ingredients. (£16.50 for 3 courses. £12.50 for 2.) There is also a large, comfortable bar area for light snacks and drinks, open throughout the day, but it is a bit chilly.
My one criticism, which applies I think to all these large hotels, is that breakfast is not included. At £15 we guess this is aimed at the business traveller on expenses. There is a cafe two doors down, or you can eat in the St James Mall just behind the hotel. We used the restaurant in John Lewis.
Staff at the hotel were all extremely friendly and helpful. We would certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland