We have just returned from a weekend in Edinburgh to celebrate two big family milestone birthdays (one 85 and one 90 year old!). The Apex Waterloo Place was great from start to finish, lovely building, beautiful rooms, great food. We ate in the (small and can be noisy) bar on the Friday evening, and had dinner in the restaurant, where the staff arranged a private area for us (as there were 10 in our party) for the Saturday night. Food on both occasions was well prepared and presented beautifully, staff are attentive without being intrusive, and were very kind with our elderly guests.
The rooms were all reasonably sized, well presented and extremely clean and tidy. A late check out was easily arranged for the older members of the party. Some of us used the pool and gym - they are both small but a nice addition to the hotel. There is no quiet sitting areas in the hotel however, with several hen parties present the bar can get noisy.
Breakfast was hot and freshly cooked, with a good selection of cold food. Location is really great - a 5 minute walk to the station and the same to the shops of Princes St. Calton Hill is just a short stroll away and makes a lovely walk in good weather for great views of Edinburgh.
We didn't meet a single member of staff who was not polite and helpful in every way - we wish all hotels were like this! We have stayed in five star hotels which have been much less impressive, and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland