Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
US$491
US$181
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$256
US$271
US$226
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$222
US$203
4,996 results
All reviewselemis productstrain stationjelly beanssauna and steam roomwalk in showerrubber duckend of princes streetcalton hillsuperior roomroyal milespa facilitiesexcellent locationlovely hotelhotel barlarge bathroomcentral locationcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

Having booked the hotel several months ago in celebration of my 40th birthday I was horrified when we were made to wait well past the standard check in time because the last guest in the room had been "sick"

This aside when we got into the room the notes a some rooms having views of the castle - my view was of a graveyard from
The living room and a 8 foot industrial extractor system for the kitches that took up the bathroom window and both sets of windows in the bedroom making the unusable.

At night the smell of chip fat was noted in the bedroom.

When I asked to be moved the staff on reception were rude and condisending by telling me the requests that I made do not have to be carried out and I had one of the best rooms in the hotel.

I'm sorry to say my stay here at the Alex will never be repeated and I think this hotel and group should be avoided at all costs. Save your money and book into a travel lodge. 40th birthday celebration shattered by the hotel and group.

Not once did any managers follow up post our booking in to see if everything was ok .... very poor service ...

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Pedz-in-beds
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Lovely Hotel.
We arrived at the hotel at about half 10 in the morning, obviously we didn't expect our room to ready and of course it wasn't. The very polite reception staff asked if we would like to leave our luggage with them, while we toured around Edinburgh; they even informed us that they would call us, when our room was ready. We then returned to the hotel at around 3:30pm and were told that our room was ready and our luggage was waiting for us, in our room. We had ordered a Deluxe Room and it was very comfortable, bright, clean room! Very comfortable bed with lovely soft bed sheets. Our bathroom was spectacular, with a big bathtub and a walk in shower. The complimentary Elemis products were a nice little touch.
The room came with; a coffee machine, mini fridge, a few snacks and plenty of teabags/coffee packs. The room also allowed us to control the temperature, which was very nice, as we were at the front of the building and the son was bleaching in, so the air conditioning was lovely.
A member of staff even came around and asked if would like our beds remade, so the service was excellent. Slept very well!
However, as we had to leave for a train early in the morning, we ordered our breakfast to our room; we settled for a simple continental breakfast, was alright but we didn't believe it was worth the extra £20 or so to our bill.
Overall, a very nice hotel, although maybe a little overpriced, we would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh H
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Very easy to get to from Waverley Station without needing a taxi which is good as the tram works are still disrupting traffic flow..
Efficient check-in and friendly staff. Huge comfortable bed with quality linens. Bathroom nice and big with double size walk in shower as well as bath and nice toiletries.
Dinner and breakfast are both served in the dining room on reception level and were both very good. Breakfast was one of the nicest hotel ones I've had for a long while.
Walking distance to shops and bars etc. Good choice for a city break.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank panda60
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Centrally located in the Newtown, this hotel is good for business and pleasure. Restaurant is quite ok as well. Rooms are nicely decorated. Bed a bit soft.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel, it is 5 minutes walk from the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle. The hotel very kindly upgraded our room to a suite and it was fantastic. The bathroom was huge with a nice big bath, the room was a good size and the bed was really comfortable. The hotel has been decorated very nice, the swimming pool/spa was small but very relaxing after a long day of walking. Everytime we ate in the hotel the food was very good and the staff were always friendly and helpful. I would stay there again if I was going to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple