No duck, but they said they are rebranding everything right now, even the ducks.
Pros: clean, practical, great location. Room service was quick and tasted good. Bathroom was lovely and very nice toiletries. The TV was _huge_ and lots of good channels to pick from.
Cons: 4th floor room had a view of a crammed airwell. You have to drag luggage up several steps to get to the elevator. Seeing as next to that they put in a fancy contraption for wheelchairs, why didn't they just put in a ramp? When we bell-checked out luggage the day we checked out, even the concierge had trouble thumping our suitcases down the stairs. Just an odd way to do things.
Overall, we'd stay there again with lighter luggage and insisting on a room on a floor higher than reception (which is already at floor 5, being the hotel slopes downhill).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre to the East of Princes Street, this historic building combines traditional features with contemporary style. This four star deluxe hotel has 186 stylish en-suite rooms with widescreen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, ground coffee and selected teas, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Other facilities include Elliot's Bar and Restaurant, Events space for up to 184, and a Spa. The spa's pool, sauna and gym are free to guests and a range of Elemis spa treatments can be booked in the single and couples treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland