Arrived at 2pm on 15th dec and room was not ready so we sat at bar and got a drink. Was very busy but with it being Christmas time it was expected. We were given our room at 2.30 which is still before the 3pm checkin (room 811) the reception is on level 5 so any rooms on levels 1-4 are lower down would possibly suggest requesting a room above reception level as the rooms lower faced traffic. Upon entering our room we were impressed. Fridge with water in, deep bath & walk in shower, elamaris comp toilitries & large room. Bed was extremely comfortable just sunk into pillows! We walked down to build a bear workshop which is about 25mins down princes street passing all the high street shops. We tried to get a table at hotrl kust for ease but was full. After freshening up at hotel we walked to George street about 15mins made a reservation for later on at Hard Rock Cafe & then onto a bar before returning for our meal. Had a comfortable nights sleep then on the morning went over to the shopping centre behind on hunt for a reasonable breakfast the Q for Elliot's at the hotel was long! Had no joy at the shopping centre so was going to head down to McDonald's but saw a guy holding a billboard advertising a cafe. We followed direction and glad we did!!!!!! It's called snax cafe. Google it the have website it's just behind the big Wellington statue. £2.90 for my breakfast & £4.50 for husbands extra large. Beats the high hotel prices!!!! We had left bags in room so went back to collect but our room key would not work and again when we went to reception. The concierge lady came to assist & let us in. She was very helpful. Check out was smooth. All in all a fab stay. We kicked ourselves as forgot our swimwear for pool etc.... An excuse to visit again lol!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland