Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
US$258
Waldorf Astoria
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$231
US$156
US$151
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
US$172
US$151
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$136
Agoda.com
US$132
US$125
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
Agoda.com
4,996 results
All reviewselemis productstrain stationjelly beanssauna and steam roomwalk in showerrubber duckend of princes streetcalton hillsuperior roomroyal milespa facilitiesexcellent locationlovely hotelhotel barlarge bathroomcentral locationcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Excellent quality hotel with good facilities and central location. We had dinner in the hotel one evening and was pleasantly surprised with standard of food, breakfasts were of similar high standard. The pool was clean and an added attraction for our family. Would definitely highly commend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Took my boyfriend away to Edinburgh for his birthday last year and stayed 5 days in the lovely Waterloo place apex hotel. The room was fantastic I would have been happy to just stay in bed the full 5 days and relax could not think of one problem with the room and we were high up (room 815 i think) the only downside for me was the staff, the women who checked up in at reception was lovely and another women in the restaurant even brought a bottle of wine to our room with no service charge but what slightly spoiled it for me was the very rude member of staff in the bar area. On the first night if our stay after a wander in town we sat in the bar for a pint before going to our room, after being id'd which is fair enough and getting our drinks we could tell we went wanted in the bar, the member of staff kept huffing and puffing and it felt like he just wanted us to leave each time we passed him in the lobby after that he would give us and evil stare which made us feel awkward and on our last night when we had a bottle of wine brought up we had asked in the bar first for a bottle to take to our room and he point blank refused and said we were to ask in the restaurant, doing this we found a lovely lady who said we should have got it at the bar but no problem she would bring it to our room. Upon check out we also encountered a less than helpful member of staff, as I had booked online I was given a £10 voucher to spend on food, treatments or products in the spa, as far as I was aware I could put it towards our breakfast so when we checked out and were told the extra we had to pay for the food I asked if I could use my voucher, the women at the desk (not the one who had checked us in) said no then took my voucher, I was happy to pay the charges with my card so that was no problem but I was annoyed she had taken my voucher as I still could have spent it in the spa or even on lunch later in the day. Despite this I would stay in an apex hotel again and I'm planning another trip to Edinburgh next April but will be staying in the city hotel this time not Waterloo place !!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We travelled to Edinburgh by train. The hotel is a short walk from Waverley station. We arrived mid-afternoon and to our delight were told we'd been upgraded, which was a wonderful surprise as it was our wedding anniversary. The room was really quiet, spacious and clean. The bathroom was a great size with a separate bath and huge shower. There was a DVD player and ipod dock in the room. The hotel is modern, but very comfortable and although very central, is also in a particularly quiet street. Breakfast was delicious with a good choice of both continental and cooked options (cooked options are freshly prepared and not from a buffet). The bar area provides great little bar snacks (for a small charge) which are delicious!! Had dinner in the hotel which was fab - great service and wonderful food! We will definately return!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Apex hotel is the perfect base to explore the city from. The staff are friendly, helpful and professional, thank you to Neil and Linda for making our stay just perfect. The bar is stylish and comfortable, the rooms very clean, and the views are to die for.

If you have fallen for the Georgian exterior, make sure you request a Georgian room to avoid disappointment. If you are in the modern wing, ask for the top floor to get the best rooms. From room 1013 you can see the Castle and city skyline, very romantic. Keep an eye out for the hotel on Secret Escapes.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SophieandNicFish
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Apex Hotel and hope to return in the near future with my family. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. Very nice breakfast

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business