Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
US$258
Waldorf Astoria
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$231
US$156
US$151
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$136
Agoda.com
US$132
US$125
Very Good 4/5
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
Agoda.com
4,996 results
All reviewselemis productstrain stationjelly beanssauna and steam roomwalk in showerrubber duckend of princes streetcalton hillsuperior roomroyal milespa facilitiesexcellent locationlovely hotelhotel barlarge bathroomcentral locationcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend for his birthday. We got a room upgrade when we checked in which was nice. The hotel itself is lovely, located just up from Princes Street. The room was nice with a huge shower and separate bath and nice comfy bed. However the staff really let the hotel down. Had a drink in the hotel bar, it was empty other than a group of 4 people, we ordered our drinks and the barman said he would bring them over, we went and sat down and then proceeded to watch him polish a load of glasses , answer the phone and have a conversation for a few minutes, polish some more glasses before making my cocktail painfully slow and pouring a pint. We were sat for a good 5 minutes with no drink. Wouldn't like to be in the bar on a busy night. We then went to order a taxi at reception to take us to the restaurant, the receptionist was very rude. Asked me several times where we were going and keep saying 'where' in a very annoyed tone, we are only english I've never come across anyone who speaks the same language unable to understand me. Felt like she couldn't be bothered to order us a taxi and made a bit of a performance out of a relatively easy task. The hotel wasn't that clean either, thick dust on the alarm clock and bed side tables. Maybe we just had a bad experience but probably wouldn't return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Wonderful!! Will be staying there again on our next visit! Can not recommend this hotel enough. The room was beautiful and the staff very nice and helpful. We had a one bedroom suite, very large with a lovely large bathroom as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RMSqueenmarygirl
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed here in April with my wife and two kids in two rooms. Rate was very good compared to other nearby hotels that were not as well rated. Rooms were small, but not tiny. Very clean and relatively newly furnished. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient. Breakfast was included and gave a continental buffet plus a ordered entree from kitchen. Food was all very nice, but the dining room is too small for number of B&B rate guests they have so there can be a wait at peak times. They do set out juice and pastries while you wait. Bar area is modern and staff very helpful. We had a hotel credit we received for booking direct and gave us 10 pounds per room to spend. Pool area is fine. Small and a bit wet (I mean areas other than pool itself such as deck and chairs). Needs a little more attnetion during day. Location is ultra convenient to Waverly and although at the "end" of the main city area everything was an easy walk.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SAM5000
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The hotel is very well located and this coupled with helpful staff; comfortable beds and wholesome breakfast made this a pleasant stay and much better value than Holiday Inn Express or Premier Inn. The swimming pool is rather small and was over-crowded with children when I tried to use it, so chose your time carefully.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert100
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Recently stayed here with my boyfriend for two nights. We got a really good "Easter offer" deal on the hotel's website where we got a superior room with breakfast included, and we also got a really nice bag of complimentary chocolates. Location was great, just a few minutes walk from Waverley station and Princes Street. Staff were all really friendly and helpful, giving us a map, tips and advice as we didn't know Edinburgh well. We dropped off our bags and went straight out, when we returned our bag had been taken up to our room, which was lovely. Really big room with big TV (with DVD player), comfy bed, iPod docking station, massive bathroom with lovely Elemis toiletries. Breakfast was lovely, I didn't have any hot food but had all the usual continental (toast, cereal, croissants, yoghurts and fruit). My boyfriend had Eggs Benedict both days as he says it was to die for! We were given a £10 food voucher for the hotel as a reward for booking directly through the hotel website, we put this towards room service on our second night, which was very nice (and didn't have to wait too long). I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Hopefully I will soon be moving to Edinburgh for university and I will definitely recommend this hotel to any visitors I may have! Would love to visit again in future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple