Booked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed.
Located a short walk from the Airlink bus service final stop in the city but just far enough away from the festival crowds to remain quite and calm. Room not ready at check in so given a voucher for free drinks while waiting for housekeeping - wife and I had just sat down in the bar when we were informed room was ready so no problems there...
Room was on 10th floor and spotlessly clean, modern furniture, king size comfy bed covered with pillows and cushions, large flat screen tv and dvd player plus coffee maker, fridge with complimentary water and snacks. The bathroom was large, fully tiled with separate large shower cubicle and bath, robes, slippers and enough towels. No heated towel rail or other visible form of heating in bathroom so I imagine it could get chilly in winter.
One grumble with room was the lack of storage space - wardrobe was tiny and we would have struggled if staying for longer than two nights.
The air con was good and lighting was good - all in all an excellent room.
The nightclub that other reviewers have mentioned as being noisy was directly below our room but despite the fact that it was open both nights of our stay we never heard a thing - maybe due to the fact we were on top floor.....
Breakfast was fine - staff seemed a little under pressure on the Saturday morning but they coped with a smile and food was good.
Used free £10 voucher for booking direct with hotel towards some room service food - this was delivered promptly and was of decent quality...
Cannot comment on spa and pool as didn`t use it - out all day and evening at Fringe...
We intend to visit Edinburgh again next year and based on this experience wouldn`t hesitate to book Apex Waterloo Place.
On arrival home realized I had left phone charger in room - housekeeping had recovered it and its now in the post back to me.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland