“Great Location and Comfy Beds”

Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
Ranked #34 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I visited Edinburgh for the first time and stayed at the Apex Waterloo Place. I don't think we could have chosen a better place to stay! It is located a short walk from the train station and convenient to restaurants and tourist attractions. The staff is very helpful and the room was comfortable and modern. The bathroom was the best - Great tub and shower! We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Apex Waterloo Place Hotel

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Let me start with our arrival, we checked in at 12:00, the hotel check in time is 2.30pm, our room wasn't ready, which is fair enough, we we early. The young lady on reception took my mobile number and informed me she would let me know if the room was ready early. She then took our bags to save us pulling them around Edinburgh. True to her word she telephoned me a short time later and informed me the room was ready, on our arrival back at the hotel the bags had been put in the rooms.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

The bedroom was great, nice big bed and a folding out bed for may 9 year old son (when I say folding bed, it was as big and solid as any normal bed). Great bathroom, big walk in shower.

At breakfast (cooked to order, what a delight) the restaurant manager showed us to our table and took our tea/coffee order, hot chocolate for my young son. The next morning the same manager was on duty, showed us to our table and was able to remember that my son took hot chocolate. The little touches make the difference.

The pool is very nice, not big, but perfect for a dip. The steam room and sauna are very good.

On the last morning the pool was closed, reason unknown, we asked the reception if it would be open again that day, they said it would be closed all day, however, we could have complementary entry to the facilities at the sister hotel in the Grassmarket, this included the addition of a free taxi to the hotel and back.

All in all this is a very good hotel about 5 minutes easy stroll to the start of Princes Street.

I could not find any fault with my stay.

Room Tip: Room 1012 is slightly bigger if you are staying as a family, room for and extra bed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TM2004
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed in a family room which was very plush, breakfast excellent with loads of choice. Spa facilities superb and close both to the city centre and train station. Will be definitely coming back very soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I stayed in the deluxe double and we couldn't fault the room or the hotel staff.
Nothing was too much trouble and the breakfasts were delicious. The little extras in the room are amazing and we will definitely stay again, the bed was heavenly!!!
Excellent value for money and good location, thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucy j
Reviewed 11 December 2013

not the best for me. Because on first floor and very small room for 3 of us. Also the local bar had a late night party out the street and woke us up as well.

The rest of the hotel and staff are nice and really enjoyed the concierge as well. The location is good as well. The food was fine for breakfast won't eat dinner here.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are probably bigger and better than on the first floor try to get something on ano...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband. Hotel and room both very nice and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and red hot. The hotel is in an excellent location with easy access to all main attractions. Loved the hotel and loved Edinburgh. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nursie11
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Im not a serial reviewer but on this occasion I feel I must make an exception and say a big thank you to the team at the apex waterloo Place Edinburgh. It was a very special weekend for myself and my now fiance with her birthday and a marriage proposal and the team really pulled out the stops to make it memorable and smooth running for us. So many greatly appreciated touches including the room upgrade, card and chocolates and overall outstanding service. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was so friendly and welcoming. We couldn't fault anything which cannot be said for the majority of hotels we've previously stayed. Thank you again for helping to make it such an unforgettable weekend!

• Stayed: December 2013