The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Waverley train station, and where the Airport bus drops you, (walk up to Princes Street, turn right and keep walking).
Check in was quick and efficient and my luggage was whisked away to my room.
My room was large, light and airy and the bathroom was huge too, complete with a deep bath. I had a "city room view" which was the back of other buildings, so was in fact a city view.
The bed was enormous and very comfortable, complete with plenty of pillows.
The air conditioning / heating was very effective and was not noisy as in some hotels.
I used both the restaurant and room service. In the restaurant the waiting staff were attentive and the food was presented beautifully, and tasted good too. I was a bit disappointed with the presentation of the room service dinner (the salmon, was supposed to be presented with mixed leaf salad, but only had some sort of curly leaf lettuce and looked bland and boring). Also my second room service breakfast came with no salt and pepper, but the breakfast, on both days, complete with haggis was delicious.
The hotel is at the bottom of Carlton Hill and is close to Holyrood Palace and Arthur's seat (a fabulous walk with breathtaking views). I asked for directions at Reception and was given a map and was talked through the directions, the receptionist even wrote largely on the map as I did not have my reading glasses (very helpful).
I have stayed in Edinburgh many times, but will recommend and return to this hotel should I be in the City again. Excellent location, and very helpful, attentive staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland