Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$180
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$169
US$137
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
Hotels.com
4,997 results
All reviewselemis productstrain stationjelly beanssauna and steam roomwalk in showerrubber duckend of princes streetcalton hillsuperior roomroyal milespa facilitiesexcellent locationlovely hotelhotel barlarge bathroomcentral locationcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here on a business trip and thouroughly enjoyed it! The check in was very quick and efficient, the staff very friendly. I had lunch in the restaurant, even the set menu was exciting and the staff attentive.
My room was on the 3rd floor, not a beautiful view, but as I was staying on business, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it anyway.. The room/bathroom was clean and the amenities made the stay comfortable. I loved the soft duvet! Room service early in the morning was bang on time, which allowed me to get ready on time for my flight.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here recently for two nights.
Upgraded to a deluxe room on arrival. The room was clean apart from inside the fridge. The bathroom was perfect, powerful shower, deep bath and elmis toiletries.
Big comfy bed too.
The only negatives were our room being placed opposite the cleaners cupboard which meant noise and little privacy, as it felt like throughout the day the cleaners were outside our room a lot. Also upon asking a question at reception the two receptionists were rude and patronising.
We didn't use the spa so can't comment on that.
Room service was good as was the food.
Pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed at the Apex in Edinburgh on business. It was an exceptional experience. Very quick checkin and out. No fuss, no queues and no problems. Simple email of invoice so no printing issues. Done in less than 60 secs. Food, ambience and attentativeness of the staff was just right and well measured. Not over the top but very helpful. Food and breakfast excellent. Location is great and an alround very good business experience. Definitely will try and others as an alternative business brand.
Neil Lazenbury

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 8 nights. It is at the opposite end of Princes Street to the shops. A short walk across the bridge to the Royal Mile. An error at checkin had them booked us in for 3 nights when I had booked and paid already for 8 nights. Wifi password and room key card had to be reset every day, very frustrating. Had to ask for robes to use the Indoor pool. Breakfast was poor and not worth 11 pounds. We found a great little Italian cafe on the corner that did great breakfasts and coffees for 7 pounds. The front reception staff were rude and not well trained. Our room was quite spacious and comfortable and very quiet. I would suggest staying closer to the other end of Princes street.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank tal63goldCoast
Reviewed 31 January 2014

myself and my partner stayed for one night in december for our wedding anniversary. The hotel was very nice with friendly staff. The only bad things i could think of was that we couldn't work the heating in the room as it felt a little cold,but i suppose we could have just asked at reception. our room also looked out onto a back alley which wasn't very nice. We never got the chance to use the spa but i would recommend this hotel. breakfast was very nice with plenty to choose from

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple