I decided to opt for the Apex Waterloo Hotel after expploring numerous other options in the area and was not disappointed.
Even though I arrived several hours before check in time, I was given a room on the third floor which also had the leisure centre, so bonus there. The front desk staff were very friendly and informative. An unusual feature of this hotel is that because it is built on a hill, the entrance to it is actually the fifth floor.
The room was spacious and tastefully decorated with tea and coffee facilities, a room safe, iron and ironing board and a wonderful writing bureau. The bed was big and comfy and the tv had a decent selection of channels including some premium sports channels. The bathroom again was oversized, bright and airy with a shower and a large separate bath which included a rubber duckie! The only thing missing was a couple of bathrobes and slippers.
Breakfast was included with the deal I had booked (on Alpharooms.com) and your hot items are served to your table. The selection of cereals, breads, pastries, etc were not overly abundant but what was available was decent and probably reflected the most popular choices. A hot breakfast is priced at £15 so check around to see which deals include breakfast.
The leisure centre is located on the 3rd floor and the changing rooms have lockers (which require a returned £1 coin) and your room key is required to gain entry. There are plenty of towels supplied so no need to bring anything from the room. There is a sauna, steam room and a nice pool, very relaxing after a day seeing the sights of Edinburgh.
The only negatives that I could mention would be that the room had no view and the window did not open but this wasn't a huge issue for me. Also, I could not get any mobile phone reception in the room. Other than that, you will not go wrong with this hotel and I would have no hesitation in returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city centre to the East of Princes Street, this historic building combines traditional features with contemporary style. This four star deluxe hotel has 186 stylish en-suite rooms with widescreen LCD TV, large desk, free Wi-Fi and local calls, ground coffee and selected teas, luxury toiletries, iron and ironing board. Other facilities include Elliot's Bar and Restaurant, Events space for up to 184, and a Spa. The spa's pool, sauna and gym are free to guests and a range of Elemis spa treatments can be booked in the single and couples treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland