Stayed for 2 nights with colleagues on Business. Managed to get a deal of £98 per night which was only £25 per night from the Travel Lodge next door, you could not have 2 more different hotel experiences!
Staff very friendly, helpful and just very professional. The hotel was immaculate and in top order. The rooms were great with the ensuite having desperate double end bath and large walk in shower.
Colleagues used the gym which was described as small but no problem.
Greatest thing for me was proximity to centre within a couple of minutes of Princess Street and 10 minutes to the Castle if that. I walked out for about an hour or so pre dinner and walked to the castle, down the whole length of the Royal Mile to Holyrood Palace and back to Hotel.
Also recommend Deacon Brodie's Pub on royal Mile (Castle end) for great Beer and Michael Neaves kitchen and whisky bar for amazing food, just off Royal Mile.
Will return to Apex Waterloo with family, no need to look anywhere else, just a matter of price as I won't get the corporate discount!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland