Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
US$238
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$167
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$245
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
  • Pool
US$125
US$146
US$139
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$110
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$154
4,995 results
All reviewselemis productstrain stationjelly beanssauna and steam roomwalk in showerrubber duckend of princes streetcalton hillsuperior roomroyal milespa facilitiesexcellent locationlovely hotelhotel barlarge bathroomcentral locationcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights visiting a friend in Edinburgh.
Very well placed hotel for buses and shops etc.
Reception staff were good though no offer of help with bags and having just travelled from the South Coast of England all day it would have been welcomed.
Room good, slightly tired looking. Bed very comfortable.
Went to use pool but very very small and two or three children in it with a parent which meant it was full so had to give up on that and used the rather tiny gym instead.
First evening I had decided to spend on my own to have a bit of me time and went went down to the bar area for a drink and food.
Took a while to be served by the barman standing about 3 feet away from me who, for most of the evening, appeared to be very attentive to two ladies at a table the other side of the room and it was difficult to get his attention to order drinks etc! The bar food I had was great and reasonably priced as were the couple of glasses of fizzy I had.
Breakfast however was a sad story. The table I found myself in busy restaurant was dirty, uncleared and food under the table. Service was odd and when I asked for rye bread, as I don't eat bread bread if you know what I mean, it was as though I had asked for the world. I got a humph and off the guy trotted to the kitchen. He came back with something so bizzare and completely non-carbohydrate related he must have completely misunderstood me and I think there was a bit of a language barrier/translation issue. I had just come back from the table having got some fruit and yoghurt to start with and one mouthful in a plate of scrambled eggs turned up. Giving people the opportunity to have a slurp of juice and some prunes would have been welcome. I ate the not great eggs quickly, having had to pay extra for them, and gave up and left as my table still hadn't been cleared from the previous breakfasters! Probably one of the more unpleasant breakfast experiences I've had, and trust me normally I'll take my time and scoff quite a bit when presented with nice service, good tea and a buffet table I can hover over! (And no I'm not overweight but a size 10!). As a lone 50 year old female traveller I didn't feel 'looked after' at all and probably would have had a nicer experience at a decent B and B which in all honesty is what I wish I had booked.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We booked this through emails and phone calls direct and they did a package to suit us as we wanted spa treatments aswell as dinner bed and breakfast, the hotel was spotless the staff were great nothing was an effort to them they were all happy to be there which made our stay so much more relaxing the room service was the best we had experienced the rooms were to a very high standard we couldn't fault it at all, the spa was excellent so relaxing will definitely book another hot stone massage they are great, the restaurant food was to very high standard the only problem we had was we were given the pre theatre menu at 8pm when it should have finished at 7pm so we feel we missed out on the full menu and we were also presented with 2 different bills after our meal which shouldn't have happened as we had pre paid which was a little embarrassing, the cocktail bar is a must, we didn't feel the need to leave the hotel as everything we needed was there,overall this is probably one of the best hotels we have stated in and are looking forward to booking again sometime soon we reccomend to everyone

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at the Apex Waterloo March 16-21, 2014. Very nice place, modern décor, clean, super quiet (well on St. Pat's there were some folks carrying on out in the street, but that can't be managed by the hotel). Staff were super helpful - even sewed a strap handle back on a satchel for me! They called cabs, helped look for missing reading glasses, offered suggestions in restaurants, bus service etc. Had a great view of the clock on the Balmoral Hotel too (9th floor). Location is about 2 min walk from the Waverly train station exit onto Prince's St, easy walking distance to most of the "main" Edinburgh area. Cab fare a bit farther out was very reasonable. Nice bar and restaurant onsite. Storage safe and refrig in the cupboards, great way to save a few meal expenses. I'll be back!

Room Tip: I really liked the view of the Balmoral Hotel clock and top of Scott Monument - probably need to be 8th floor or higher (and on the east side). You can see Carrollton(sp) monument from the other side. Go buy milk and fruit from Sainsbury's and use the in-room teapot to have breakfast.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Uzair S
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a work trip with a colleague. Lovely hotel, beautiful rooms, happy and helpful staff and very central but peaceful also and great value for money.
Our return flight was booked late in the evening but we finished with work early afternoon. We had planned to do some sightseeing but it was raining, we had bags and wanted to relax. The hotel were very helpful in arranging a late check out and them allowing is to use their spa until we were ready to leave. This I thought was kind enough but as I checked out ready to spend the next few hours in the spa one of the managers very generously told me they had an empty room and offered it to is to use free of charge until we were ready to leave for our flight. This I thought was extremely kind and generous. We decided to stay in the spa but I was really impressed with this customer care and would definitely recommend this place and go there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business