We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary on the Mayday bank holiday weekend. I had booked a superior room including dinner and breakfast. I emailed the hotel in advance to tell them it was our first anniversary perhaps expecting some small touch. On arrival we were told we had been upgraded and only realised this was to a full suite when we entered the room. Also, included was a voucher for two free drinks and another £10 voucher to spend in the bar or restaurant,
The downstairs included a big tv, sofa, coffee machine, minibar and WC. Upstairs was the big bed, another big tv and impressive bathroom,
The upgrade really went above and beyond and contributed to an amazing stay. We had a deliecious dinner in the restaurant and breakfast the following morning was excellent too.
The room itself was superb, with a very spacious and comfortable bed. The best part of the room was the bathroom with an incredible shower with five water points, in addition to a hige bathtub.
We used the swimming pool, steamroom and sauna, all of which were great. If there was a jacuzzi as well that would have made it perfect.
Taking into account the amount we paid, to get a delicious dinner, excellent breakfast and a stunning room we could not have been happier with our stay. We will most definitely return again! Thanks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of Edinburgh’s best spots at the east end of Princes Street, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel is within walking distance of the famous Edinburgh Castle and is just a few minutes’ walk from Calton Hill. George Street and The Royal Mile are also close by in this compact city centre. The classic Georgian architecture complemented by contemporary interiors make this hotel unique. Each bedroom is spacious and includes a 42” TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, bath and/or walk-in shower and Elemis toiletries. As a guest, you’ll also get complimentary use of the leisure facilities. An indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Technogym make the perfect place to relax or escape from the stresses of everyday life. Time for more? Pamper yourself with an Elemis treatment at PURE Spa & Beauty. You can choose from a wide selection of restaurants and bars throughout the city during your stay, many of which are close by in the George Street area. If you’re looking for a traditional Scottish dish and a cosy bar away from the bustle of the town, look no further than Elliot’s Restaurant & Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Apex Waterloo Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex Waterloo Place Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex Waterloo Place
- Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland